“Fan-flipping-tastic”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
kettering
“Fan-flipping-tastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this place it's my second favourite place to eat in northants. We went here for a meal on the Saturday after new year and couldn't fault it, the only downer is its 3/4 hour away from me so someone has to drive, that's my fault though.

The setting is exquisite, the staff helpful and the food out of this world.

We had a bread starter with olive oil and balsamic dip, one main dish of chicken with mushroom risotto and a main dish of beef Wellington with a drink each, it was all well presented and done better than a Gordon Ramsey place I've been to an the bill came to £50, I was happy with that and you get what you pay for.

I hope they keep this head chef they are worth their weight in gold

Good place to go they do have rooms too if you want to stay over. The place is well worth a visit, top marks from me!!!

• Stayed January 2013
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Goose,

It is so good to get such a glowing recommendation, especially from a Senior Contributor. Thank you so much and I know that you will have made the day for the kitchen team and the front of house staff. On their behalf many thanks.

We have two straightforward objectives, to serve excellent quality food and to give first class customer service so that our customers really enjoy their visit. I am delighted we continue to deliver on both counts.

David.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed for a wedding, 2 nights, initial problem with our booking on check in(the grooms fault!) which was quickly and effectively dealt with by the staff. In fact all staff very good and accommodating throughout our stay.
Had one evening meal and 2 breakfasts all of which were exceptional.
Room was quite a trek from the bar but spacious and decorated in a modern style. Some peeling paint in the bathroom, but overall very good. We'd definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Andy,

Many thanks for your kind review.

I am very pleased that you found the quality of our food to be exceptional and were very pleased as regards customer service. These are indeed our two highest priorities.

northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I love this pub I'm a regular, but Xmas day as always we went for a pre lunch drink and there were no festive offerings such as egg nog or mulled wine? Or the bar man couldn't be bothered to make it. The atmosphere was terrible ( no christamas music poor decorations )and had I paid £64.99 for the meal I would be very disappointed
Either way disappointing Xmas day visit!
Please address these small issues as the hopping hare is a great venue.

david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Tony,

Thank you for your feedback and I am very pleased that you recognise that The Hopping Hare is a great venue.

We do try very hard to give excellent customer service and we will take note of your comments.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I vistited the hopping hare over the weekend for a meal & over night stay. Food & service was amazing & room was really comfortable. Will definitely recommend & be back in the future. Thanks for a great evening.

david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear James,

Thank you so much for writing such a complimentary review, it is very much appreciated.

The team try so hard to deliver excellent customer service and top quality food and it is great to get appreciative feedback from customers.

David
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

We came to the hopping hare for my husbands birthday back in September and stayed over with breakfast the following morning. The whole experience was beyond fantastic. For our evening meal we both had a special of haddock and leek gratin, I can honestly say it was the best dish I‘ve ever tasted, it was delicious. My husband had blade of beef and I had chicken. Both were exceptional. I am not a personal fan of beef but my husband gave me a piece and I can honestly say I could easily be converted if beef always tasted that good. For desert we shared a chocolate brownie which again was to die for. To top off the amazing food it was complimented by a lovely ambience and atmosphere in the restaurant and our bedroom had the wow factor with a king size bed and all mod cons. The service through out was faultless and all the staff made sure we had a good evening.

Due to the fantastic experience we returned yesterday evening for a birthday dinner with the family for our mother in law. Second time round yet again - absolutely faultless. For starters we all differed with clams and chicken terrine. For mains we had duck, chicken risotto and pork belly. Deserts were the crème bruelee and ice cream with no complaints what so ever. The service was fantastic and the restaurant even kept aside a cake we brought in especially for the occasion. With being December I was apprehensive if the service would live up to the same expectations when we visited in September ,as Christmas times in restaurants can be a little chaotic! I can definitely say the experience last night matched our last visit and again I cant wait to return in the new year. I cant recommend this place enough.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
david g, Owner at Hopping Hare, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Joanna,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and complimentary review.

The team at The Hopping Hare try so hard to serve excellent quality food and to provide first class customer service and it is really appreciated when customers take the time to recognise this.

On their behalf, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kindest regards

Gloucester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My family had our Christmas get-together at the Hopping Hare. We stayed in Rooms 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 and without exception they were clean and tidy. No complaints at all. We also ate in the restaurant and had a lovely meal. Breakfast was also good. The staff were friendly and helpful and any small glitches were ironed out quickly with a minimum of fuss. Highly recommended, we will be back.

Room Tip: Rooms 17 and 18 are up their own stairs and the only 2 up there so good for a family.