The Walnut Tree Inn
HolidayInn.com
$72
Sedgebrook Hall(Chapel Brampton)
$69
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$84
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
All reviewsrailway linecomedy nightgrand union canalstation hotelsunday roastthe pubfunction roomwedding breakfastcomfortable roomswedding receptionfull englishfollowing morningstayed for one nightlovely rooman evening mealwedding partyyogurt
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Yes I know the trains run near by, but I had a back room 10. Slept well and was happy with the quality of the room.
The shower was nice, the bathroom nice. value would be 5 for the rooms and the bar and i have marked it down in value due to the price and portions of the food.

Downstairs in the bar they had some nice real ales and some friendly chatty locals, old and young, these things are important to me when staying in hotels most weeks.
The food served was very good, I would say probably fine dining and the price high/portions small £7.90 for 2 scollops sliced laterelly on some veg and 3 very thin slice goats cheese for £6.90 is the kind of prices that my boss wont allow!
Perhaps a week day "set menu at a set price" would give better vaue and attract the trade to the hotel on the quiet eating nights?
Next time i would eat elsewhere..but still happy to sleep and have a few drinks in the bar..

Room Tip: ask for a back room..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here on for the night on the 9th August. Very pleasant welcome from the young lady in reception who booked us in and directed us to our room at the back of the hotel. There was a kitchen extractor fan near our bedroom window and we were concerned because it was a very hot evening and we would want the window open at night. I spoke to the girl on reception and she went and got confirmation that the fan would be off after service in the restaurant. happily it was turned off as promised.
Lovely bar area and lounge. Our daughter and partner joined us for dinner in the evening and we all enjoyed our lovely food. Even my daughter, who is a strict vegetarian, really enjoyed the vege choices.
Good wines at reasonable prices.
The bed was comfortable and the room was pleasantly roomy.
The breakfast was very good, freshly prepared and served nicely.
By mistake, I was charged twice on my credit card, however I received a phone call about an hour later telling me they had discovered this and had refunded my card, which on checking my account later I was able to confirm.
We would love to stay again and will definitely do so when we come to visit our daughter again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter because of the railway near the front.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is the second time that my wife and I have stayed at this hotel. On both occasions the staff were extremely attentive and very pleasant. The rooms are very clean and well presented.
Food in the restaraunt was absolutely fantastic and nothing was too much bother for the waitress.I would recommend this hotel for a relaxing weekend break .

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room at the rear due to the nearby high speed trains that regularly pass the location.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mark S
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The train tracks are less than 100m away but trainspotters will be disappointed as the trains pass at high speed.

Arrived at short notice and was given upgraded room overlooking the railway. Room 4.
En suite had shower tray that filled to overflowing after a short shower. Powerful jet of warm water. Notice says you can wait up to 5 mins for warm water to arrive. The shower probably accounts for the damp smell and spongy underfloor.
Railway is very near and is obtrusive until bedtime. Quietened enough for undisturbed sleep - normally live in near silent country location so was surprised by this.
Downstairs much better - good local real ales in bar and tasty food. Perhaps more restaurant than pub prices but reasonable given the quality.
Had to leave early - before breakfast time. Given rate discount but no offer of breakfast in any other form. Paid previous evening which was just as well as there were no staff to be seen at 7.00am.
Overall left with mixed feelings. I got decent value for money but it did not move me to want to return.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear avoid direct train noise but beer garden may be just as raucous
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stopped here last week, where do I start, easy to find in great location and very handy for Towcester. This Hotel has a lot going for it and is very well run with very very helpful staff. It has a busy bar and the night I was there it had live bands on which was a pleasant change from the norm. The beer was good with a decent selection. I ate in the restaurant which was excellent, Scallops with black pudding to start and a selection of Pork main course all of which was good. The room was nice and large and I had taken some reviewers advice and took a room at the back to avoid the west coast mainline noise although this back fired on me as I got the room directly over the refrigerator pump and the evening was very hot so I had to leave the window open and didn’t sleep that well, although I wont be put off stopping again just not in room 10.

Nice touches include a selection of DVD’s to play in your room free of charge.

Overall I loved this hotel it really is a cracker

Room Tip: Get a room at the back and not room 10
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business