“Stop off at grt billing”

Premier Inn Northampton Gt Billing/A45 Hotel
Ranked #11 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Herne Bay, United Kingdom
“Stop off at grt billing”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed over one nite and i had a Good nites sleep, tv to small and sound not good. Over all grt stay restaurant well priced and staff very friendly. I was recognised when I booked in which makes u feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Annie W, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Gt Billing/A45 Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review of Premier Inn Great Billing. I'm sorry that the TV was too small for you, Premier Inn are constantly upgrading our in room facilities and your feedback is appreciated on this matter. Overall I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we can welcome you back soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

its ok for the price if you get the rooms for the £29, if you have to pay more than I'd stay some where else a bit more up market for the price your about to pay. overall not to bad a place nice and clean and you don't have to go outside to eat

Room Tip: try and get upstairs as the noise downstairs can wake you up
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughts about your stay at Great Billing Premier Inn. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you managed to take advantage of the £29 room deal!
We hope to see you again soon
Australia
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here in December after visiting family. I can not fault it. The children's beds were made up ready & we had plenty of linen/towels to go around. The receptionist (so sorry to have forgotten his name, but a lovely guy - date was 22/12) booked us a taxi to where we wanted to go & stood & chatted with us while we waited for it.

Breakfast was a nice, serve yourself buffet. You can also have a cooked breakfast, which they will cook to your specifications. A great stay in all. Will definitely visit again if we are back in the country!

Pity my children didn't get to try the on-site play area. But we left too early!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Annie W, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Gt Billing/A45 Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of Great BIlling Premier Inn. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon
Cornwall
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for three nights at the end of October. Whilst the hotel was just what you would expect from a Premier Inn (good sized rooms at a reasonable price) and the staff were very friendly there were a couple of problems with my stay.

First of all, shortly after arriving I opened a high level cupboard, and the wooden panel adjacent fell out. It had obviously been damaged in the past and was not secured to the rest of the unit in any way, it was just balanced there. I informed reception straight away and they said that as it was the weekend they would not be able to get anyone to look at it for a couple of days; I said that I didn't mind - my main concern was that it was quite heavy and, falling from a height of 6-7 feet, it could have caused a serious injury. If a toddler had been underneath it at the time it could even have been much worse.

My other main gripe was that the service at breakfast on the first morning was appalling. The hotel was quite busy, yet there were only two staff serving. They couldn't keep up with replenishing the buffet - we had to wait for orange juice and coffee, and when the coffee did finally appear we then had to wait for cups to put it in! Some people had been waiting for over an hour for their cooked breakfasts, and the staff then had to listen to complaints which slowed them down even further. I can't fault the staff, but the management at the hotel do seem to be pretty poor and really need to ensure that the hotel is staffed appropriately to the number of guests that they are expecting.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback regarding your stay. I would firstly like to apologise that there were maintenance issues during your stay, I can assure you that these have since been fixed but I am sorry that they were not done so before your stay. I would also like to apologise that your breakfast was not up to the standard you have come to expect from Premier Inn. I will be passing on your comment to the management team of the restaurant to ensure the problems you highlighted are rectified. Thank you again for giving us your feedback, we really do appreciate knowing where it is we can improve our service. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during January 2013. We have stayed here for the last 2 years and always have the same room which has a view overlooking the lake/marina of Billing Aquadrome.

The staff are really friendly and as we've stayed before we are treated like family. Densil on reception is a real good laugh - very thorough with his work and always has a ready smile on his face. He is polite with everyone and is a credit to the hotel.

The room is typical of a Premier Inn room however as we are in a family room this is slightly bigger than some of the others.

I would recommend this hotel - the housekeeping staff are really good and will always replenish any towels, toiletries etc when asked .......

Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the lake are lovely. if you are travelling with a family then room 7 is nice...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Annie W, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Gt Billing/A45 Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. It's been a pleasure to have you staying with us through January. Reception will be a lot quieter without you all! We look forward to seeing you again next year (baring any floods between now and then!) Thank you again, Annie
Wymondham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

So we stayed here again.
We stayed in room 60 this time, the benefits of picking this room?
No one is above you.
No one has to walk past your door,
Good view of the car park if you want to keep an eye on your car.

Downside, it's about as far from the reception as you can get!!

Once again the staff were great, booking in is nice and simple. I had rung ahead and requested an extra duvet under the sheets to make the bed a little softer, an upstairs room, and a view of the car park. I got all of my requests.

Several of our car club stayed there (I estimate approx 23 rooms) on Sat Night.
Of course the Breakfast on Sunday morning was 1st class.

Room Tip: Ring ahead IF you have any special requests.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. It is always gratifying to hear when our guests have enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you again soon
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Heather and Craig on reception are lovely people and very welcoming, which made the stay for me. The nights sleep was quite and the bed was massive with no disturbance, I had a view of the lake behind with narrow boats which were frozen still due to the temperature, I really was a good stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Annie W, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Gt Billing/A45 Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you so much for leaving us your review. I am absolutely thrilled that Craig and Heather made such an impression and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Northampton Great Billing again soon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northampton
Westone Manor Hotel
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney
Ibis Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#2 of 4 in Wellingborough

Been to Premier Inn Northampton Gt Billing/A45 Hotel? Share your experiences!