“Friendly Welcoming Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Retford
“Friendly Welcoming Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Have stayed at this hotel at least once a week for the past 11 months, whilst working away on business. The staff are always friendly, welcoming and can't do enough for you. The hotel is quiet (good night guarantee is achievied) and parking is always available. The food in the pub next door is basic, but good value and of a consistantly good standard - staff and service is also very good. I have stayed in a couple of other (larger) Premier Inns in Northampton on odd occasions during the same period. Whilst this Hotel is smaller it suits me and as far as i am concerned it is the best in the area. Thank you and keep up the good standard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Albert33Retford
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Albert33Retford,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you keep coming back time and time again. I am also very pleased you find our Premier Inn up to your standards and the team really thrive on reading such great comments.

We are all looking forward welcoming you back soon.

Gabriela Pates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Booked a few nights here as visiting friends. We arrived at a very busy time with a long queue to check in. The receptionist dealt with everyone calmly and efficiently. Unfortunately the room assigned to us was not what we had requested but all was put right without fuss very quickly. Comfortable bed (not always the case). The attached restaurant was very busy and noisy with young children (they have an indoor children's play centre attached). To be fair, they have got areas for adults only. Food adequate but nothing special. Overall, comfortable and would book again when we visit. Good value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sue P,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

Firstly I want to apologise for the room allocation issues. I can assure you this is not a common occurrence and the team and I have taken your comments on board. I am glad things were put right straight away and that this has not affected your stay with us.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Husband and I stayed for five nights at the end of January as we were visiting friends in the local area as my husband is disabled and needed a firm, large bed. The hotel itself was comfortable, clean, quiet and we slept very well every night. The staff were very friendly, helped us with our bags and made us feel at home. We booked at a discount rate (without breakfast) and were extremely happy with the price for the week. The room was a little cold (one small heater) but as were were only sleeping at the hotel we didn't mind so much.
The restaurant next door though was very disappointing and totally not worth the price . The breakfasts were basic, plastic tasting croissants, very poor choice of fresh fruit (mainly defrosted berries and apple slices), the bread seemed to be from a local cheap supermarket and the coffee was bitter. The cooked breakfast looked good though - however we only wanted the continental options which were very poor. I bought my own food and had breakfast in my room for 4 mornings. My husband had breakfast every morning - but only through necessity as he needs warm food in the mornings.
We would stay at this hotel again for the sleeping facilities but we definitely wouldn't eat at that restaurant again unless there were significant changes and a higher standard of food prepared.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear fleurbasherba,

Firstly I want to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we always try to improve according to our continuous feedback we receive from our guests.

I want to thank you for your compliments for our rooms, team friendliness and cleanliness standards. I am glad you are happy to return in the near future. I am very sorry the room was cold but in the future please let us know as we have spare heaters and duvets should you prefer your room warmer.

In regards to your experience in the adjoining restaurant - please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment in the quality of food. Be rest assured that your comments will be passed onto the pub manager.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed for two nights 01/03/2013 - 02/03/2013, Saturday's breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I've ever had, Sundays was really good too but the bacon was a little under done. Thanks to the receptionest Karen who went above and beyond (even to the point of turning the outside heater on every time I went for a smoke, without being asked). We really enjoyed our stay.

The only thing I would advise Premier Inn to start doing is to provide mustard at breakfast.

Room Tip: They're all good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gabriela P, Manager at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford Rd/A428 Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Rik B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your weekend stay at Premier Inn Northampton Bedford A428. We pride in offering great service along with an outstanding product and your compliments really delights us. I will gladly pass your comments onto Karen and onto the restaurant team.

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Check in service efficient and friendly, clean, modern hotel with comfortable bed, quiet night's sleep, good range of tv channels, nice pub next door for breakfast/dinner. Even offered to help with my bags.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Nik M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am glad your stay with us ran smooth right from check in and that we didn’t disappoint you in any aspect.

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

It has been an excellent stay at the hotel. We felt so comfortable and so impressed with the hotel facilities. The rooms were in a very clean condition. Very happy with the so reasonable price. This is the second time we chose to stay at this hotel and felt so welcoming. The bed quality was so good one can have a relaxed sleep. And last but not least restaurant is at a very good access.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kamala E,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you had a pleasant stay with us and I am looking forward welcoming you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn and were very impressed with the friendly welcome we were given. They went out of their way to see that our room was warm and comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble and I would certainly come again if in the area. It was excellent value for money and spotlessly clean.

The food at Fayre and Square was delicious and again excellent value.

I always try and stay at Premier Inns as they are of such high standard.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear david e,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you had a lovely stay with us and I will gladly pass your compliments on my team and onto the restaurant team.