“Very Different! ”

Haycock & Tailbar Associates
Order Online
Ranked #70 of 640 Restaurants in Northampton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Haycock & Tailbar Associates is a cocktail and supper room - specialising in late night cocktails and beef/exotic steaks (which are served as late as midnight). Booking for food, or just drinks, is strongly advised at weekends. Don't be shy, it's worth pressing the doorbell and seeing what's down there!Warning: NO stand up drinking (table service only).Atmosphere can be electric - and often smokey from customers cooking steaks at their tables. NO DJ. No Loud Music. Beer is very rarely served.
Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

I didn't really know what to expect when I booked here but I was told to expect something different.
To start with it wasn't easy to find in the evening there is no bright shop front no spot lights and no queue of cars outside instead there is a lit porch with a doorbell which is a brilliant way of entering this mysterious place!!
Having worked this out we were shown in and seated at our table, inside is subdued but not dark, the waiting staff were excellent but not pushy. The menu if you didn't know what to expect is primarily exotic meat, bison, buffalo, zebra, veal, reindeer. Its not cheap but not expensive, I had zebra which I think was £23.00 approx and all meat comes out on a stone heated to 450degrees and is cooked rare so by the time it arrives on your table you can cook it yourself how you like.
The menu also includes a huge range of cocktails as well as normal drinks.
I have to say I loved this place as it offered something very different and a wild choice of different tastes-would highly recommend! Would recommend this as a highlight of a night round Northampton town centre

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 3, 2019 via mobile

Booked this for a Christmas present for my parents after we had been here before and loved it. Unfortunately the service was just not up to standard. After having to ask the waitress twice for drinks and go to the bar and ask again it was really disappointing. Food was great as always but the service left a sour taste in my mouth . Have been midweek before but I would not return at the weekends.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 19, 2019

We knew when we got married at the Guildhall Northampton that we would want to do something special straight afterwards, and this was the place to be. The manager and his staff customised and personalised a cocktail menu to reflect key moment of our life, and prepared a range of delicious hors d’oeuvres throughout the early evening. Always professional staff, wonderful venue, and couldn’t have asked for a better start to married life!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed January 27, 2019 via mobile

Absolutely love this place, been a few times. The restaurant itself is very quirky. Thoroughly enjoyed cooking my meat on the hot stone. It's a very entertaining experience. I adore the wild boar and always order that. Really recommend dining here.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2018

This place is fantastic! It is a little bit pricey but it is worth every penny! You can try one of their wide variety of meat steaks or have something you can make at home but either way the food is delicious and the portion size is perfect. We will definitely be going back.

Date of visit: November 2018