“BLAND!”
Review of Grange Wok

Grange Wok
Ranked #462 of 580 Restaurants in Northampton
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Not the worst chinese I have eaten but definitely the second worse . My advice would be go elsewhere.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Having just eaten a takeaway within hours my wife has had a severe allergic reaction. This is not the 1st time this has happened but certainly is the most severe. Having checked the symptoms is likely to be a reaction to MSG.

We will not be taking the risk in future.

Reviewed July 17, 2017

This has never been "Good" Chinese food; everything is generally bland and gloopy.
BUT we have used it quite often over the past few years for the (what used to be) excellent 1/2 Crispy Duck with Pancakes, because it's convenient for us, just round the corner. Handy for a quick and easy treat, late in the day if you're not in the mood for cooking and just want something simple. However - the past two times we have ordered this, it has been totally different. The duck used to be succulent and nicely shredded - but lately it has been full of those nasty little hard burned bits (what we call "crozlings', in the North !) - and shredded into tiny little fragments. Everything else in a duck pancake is soft - the cucumber, the hoi-sin, the spring onion (although - here again - Grange Wok now seems to cut corners by using stringy, chewy Leek....) - and so the last thing you want is to bite down an a yummy parcel and feel your teeth hurting as they encounter little bits of unchewable shoe-leather. We LOVE crispy duck - but this time we ate a couple of pancakes, then threw the rest away. I personally also love sesame prawn toast - it's a given, for me - my standard starter - but here again, those at Grange Wok are oily, and utterly devoid of any prawn flavour, as someone else has commented below. The last time we ordered, I took a leap of faith and also ordered Crispy Lemon Chicken - because I was hungry - and I can honestly say I have never had worse. The chicken had been fried crispy, at some point - but then utterly drowned in what I can only describe as very-vaguely-lemon-urinal-cake-flavoured wallpaper paste.... not a trace of actual fresh lemon - so it was in fact soggy, chewy and quite inedible. There was so much cornflour in the sauce, that by the morning (needless to say - there was most of it left, in the morning...) it had actually solidified into a viscous jelly that wouldn't come out of the plastic container (this plastic container being the only useful part of this "meal"). Vile, hugely disappointing - and a total waste of money. In fact, it's almost mis-selling to market Grange Wok as a "Chinese takeaway" - these people attempt to do Chinese, AND Indian, AND Pizza.... so I suppose it's hardly surprising that the end result in each of those categories, is compromised. In a town like Northampton we have some amazing Chinese restaurants - Grange Wok needs to seriously up its game in the face of far superior competition.

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Spent £49 on a delivery for Chinese food, have ordered many times from here before but I remembered last night when our food arrived why we'd not ordered for a ling time from there. It has to have been the worst way to spend my money. The duck in hoisin sauce was more skin off the duck than meat the sauce was not nice to taste, the chicken and cashew nuts was a gelatinous blob, the rice in the egg fried rice had been over cooked and had no taste, the sesame prawn toast was void of any prawn flavour, even the kids wouldn't eat it and that's their favourite. The noodles where extremely dry and appeared to have been broken into small pieces before they had been cooked. I've ordered from Grange Wok for many many years but this is the last time. More food went into the bin than was eaten last night and that upsets me as had it been up to scratch it would have made a very enjoyable family meal.

Reviewed September 29, 2016 via mobile

I visit my sister in northampton every month and there's one thing I must do is order food from Grange wok.. my sister and her family regularly order food from there.
The food is scrumptious, delivery is very prompt and customer service is excellent. Pork spare ribs snd grange special chowmein is my favourite.
Food is freshly cooked and very good quality.
Will recommend very strongly to satisfy the taste buds.