“Great Food - Sunday Roast was awesome”

The Sevens Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #181 of 563 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The paradise island in the shadow of Northampton's very own lighthouse! Welcome to The Sevens Pub and Restaurant, your local venue for everything from a quick pint to a full wedding reception, and everything in between. We've got live music, live sports and of course, we support the Saints like no other pub! Get yourselves down to try service that is second to none from the GM Melissa, and a menu curated by our Head Chef Sean. Book a table, bring some friends, and we'll see you for a burger, Pieminister pie, tapas style sharing food or maybe even one of our award winning roasts (cauliflower cheese too!). See you later! :)
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Was extremely surprised by the food and service at Sevens. Certainly not what I was expecting for Northampton. Hats off to the team and the chef even came out to talk to us... that kind of service is normally unheard of outside the big cities.. Will be back

1  Thank Jon H

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I were initially very disappointed by the astroturf outside. Food was nicely presented but mediocre and very overpriced. An average bottle of wine was a shocking £23.50. I would not recommend this place

3  Thank Beverley H
Reviewed September 21, 2013

A great menu to choose from. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. The waitresses were very attentive and pleasant. I will definitely be going back and recommending it to friends.

1  Thank SJL23
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Modern clean surroundings. Pub food atmosphere, better than average service. I chose the serloin on the bone, it was cooked blue to my liking. My new potatoes arrived as if straight out of the fridge cold, this was quickley and politely rectified. I thought it was a little over priced especially for the area. The scallop's that I had for starter were good, but the choritzo sause was tasteless, the black rice was was very good. Creme brulee for dessert was superb.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Ate here with a client.

Nicely refurbished/newly re-opened.

2 options for dining- bar & restauarnt.

Initially refused a tab with my company credit card but manager/owner sorted quickly.

Open kitchen in the restaurant but limited theatre (Only me & client dining) At full swing/capacity I could imagine there may be more atmosphere.

Food was good pub grub and I would re-visit if having lunch with a client and wanted pub grub.

Dessert was dissapointing- chocolate brownie which was very dry (I watched the chef microwave it). I left most of it.

Ordered coffees but machine was that new it had not been switched on !!

Service staff were excellent- a real credit to the venue.

Would re-visit when next in area and put the small issues down to teething problems.