“Expensive & Poor Parking.”
Review of Riverside Hub

Riverside Hub
Ranked #4 of 24 Fun & Games in Northampton
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: You'll love our HUGE Family Entertainment Centre. There are lots of fun activities for children from 0 - 13. For babies there is a dedicated soft baby area and a brand new under 2's area, as well as a separate baby sensory room. Toddlers have their very own specially designed toddler village, set apart from the larger children. Over 5's can explore the huge World of Play 4-storey playframe with it's 20 different themed countries and zones. There are electric go-karts to race around on, an 11m high tree to climb, a new 2-storey laser tag arena and more! Adults are welcome to join in the fun as the entire venue has been designed so that adults can play alongside their children. If you'd rather just relax, there is a cafe, located within clear site of the whole venue, where you can enjoy a cuppa whilst the little ones have a great time! Riverside Hub is the ideal venue for childrens parties. We have a stunning range of party rooms - Pirates, Princesses, Dinosaurs and even a Unicorn Room where we have teddy bear picnic parties. Visit our website to find out more...
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Its a case of Buyer Beware.
The price structure is appalling.
£7.95 for children £3.95 for over 12 months old & then EXTRA charges for parents.
The policy is that the babies have a sensory area, but how can the parents look after the older child & the baby ?
It's just a RIP OFF.
Parking !!!!
The hub doesn't have any & the land is privately owned. So park at your peril. Your day will be rather expensive as the parking fine starts at £90 & goes up if you don't pay on time.
There are cheaper & in my opinion better places around town that have similar facilities & free on site parking.
I have contacted the site & go a pompous manager.

8  Thank NN201

Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Stop moaning you depressing parents!!!
River side hub is brillient!!!!! Educational and physical activity centre with super food.
Cheap entry for what your child receives.
Staff appear lovely, sure they may have an off day once in a while put get a grip of reality. People are not happy every second of the day.. I'd be more concerned hearing you miserable parent moan making your child feel guily fir their day out.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been a few times and the kids loved it but recently went during half term, half an hour after opening and the car park was full, the manageress was stopping cars and talking to the drivers but wandered off when I got to the car park, I drove round to dome back out and she was back talking to drivers, I thought she had said to the other car to park else where and walk down so I asked her where to park and she told me it was full and to either come back in two hours or go to wacky warehouse or Bezerk as they were full! I was surprised as there were people walking in after parking down the rd.
Bit miffed so went home and phoned my friend who I was meeting down there and she was 3 mins behind me and was told her to park in another car park and she would get a free cup of tea for the inconvenience! I wonder if it was she was driving a Mercedes! Bye Bye Hub next time I will just take the kids to the park and keep my money!

5  Thank j j
Reviewed November 16, 2013

It's a great place for kids and they can get lost in it for hours and I think the prices for children are fair. However, I don't think that it's fair that parents are charged an entry fee just to sit down when they obviously have to accompany their children.

I went with my two sons and later on my husband was in the vicinity so he was going to pop in for a coffee and a bite to eat, but was going to be charged £3 just to come in. Needless to say he didn't bother and out of principal I refused to have a drink too. Other indoor play areas in the area don't charge parents an entry fee and rightly so.

3  Thank Sarsicakes
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Well my wife and I along with my 2 yr old son and 5 year old daughter visited last weekend, we were not sure what to expect given some of the previous reviews and we arrived with an open mind.

Here is our review, in order of importance to us as parents-

Fun factor - 10/10
Amazing, no child or adult could possibly leave this play center without having a thoroughly good time.

Cost / value for money - 10/10
We really can't understand why people make an issue of paying a few quid for adult entry, the whole idea is adults actually engage in the activities with their children as opposed to sitting at a table for 4 hours surfing the net while their kids play alone.
We noticed a lot of this, the climbing frame is the largest we have ever seen and well thought out, we loved the fact it is educational and fun at the same time well done to the designers. We took our kids through twice and we found other kids tagging along while we explained what all the different world zones where about - (kids who's parents think it's more fun to sit at a table all day) shame on you.

The food was very nice, my wife and I had jacket potatoes and the kids had chicken dipper meals, all I can say is the chicken dippers were made of real chicken breast and not fried, yes we paid a little more than we would for the junk at your local fast food drive through but let me tell you, we had healthy portions, it arrived in good time and the service was very good considering they have only been up and running for a few months now..well done Riverside Hub

Cleanliness/ presentation 10/10
How refreshing, the Riverside Hub is presented in a very clean and upmarket fashion, everything from the play areas, artwork/murals to the adult furniture and bathroom facilities has been carefully thought out and everything is of a very high quality unlike the beat up junk you generally find in most soft play arenas. We expected it to be a little worn by now but it looked like it was all still brand new and very well cleaned and maintained. We always take antibac and wipes when we visit soft play arenas and often end up using the lot, I won't say you won't need them at Riverside as we use them wherever we take the kids but you certainly won't find many reasons to use them, well done again

Parking 8/10
The parking was fine while we were there but like all popular attractions there will always be a need for more - a good sign we'd say - if the car park is empty it's probably not worth visiting.

Staff 9/10
All the staff we encountered were great, considering some of them appeared quite young - (possibly a sign we are getting on a bit boohoo) they were very enthusiastic and easy to approach and most importantly great with the kids, ours and other peoples.

Final thought -

Will we go again? -
Yes For Sure, we live in the West Midlands and it was a 50 min drive for us.
As hard working parents we have to make the most of our weekends with the kids, cost and travel time wise there is nothing in the UK in our opinion that can compare for a guaranteed fun day out as the weather often ruins outdoor activity.

Parents please try and get involved in the activities and fun with your kids, it makes the cost of entry feel well worth it.

Take your kids, play with them, educate and feed them, they'll be well worn out and ready for bedtime by the time they get home.
Like my wife and I found - we actually managed to find time in the evening for ourselves!

2  Thank Mel I