“Great find”

Dreams Coffee Lounge
Ranked #4 of 563 Restaurants in Northampton
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WINNERS OF THE NORTHAMPTONSHIRE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS INDEPENDENT TEA ROOM / CAFE OF THE YEAR 2016/17. Our little oasis just off the High Street! Perfect for a high quality breakfast, lunch or afternoon tea. We pride ourselves on great freshly prepared food, served in really clean surroundings by a Team who are extremely passionate about customer service. We always have a wide range of homemade cakes available and have an excellent reputation for providing Gluten and Dairy Free products. Open from 8am - 4pm Monday to Saturday, and now open Sundays 9am-1pm for a special brunch menu. Look forward to seeing you soon, The "Dreams Team".
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Was looking for somewhere nice to go today for a mid morning snack and found Dreams - and what a find. Gem of a place, great staff, lovely environment and excellent choice on the breakfast menu. Will definitely be back again to support this hard working team. Deserve to do well and prosper. Good luck.

MikeSmith8, Owner at Dreams Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Hi - I just wanted to thank you for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor, it really was very kind of you.

Most days at work with the Team are great, but when we read comments like yours about the service, food and atmosphere, they become brilliant days!!

Thank you very much and we look forward to your next visit

Regards

Mike and the Dreams Team.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A very friendly cafe run by Mike, who always welcomes you with a smile .The food is consistently good and all homemade. Breakfasts are served until 11 30 , followed by light lunches and then afternoon tea . A variety of sandwiches etc are always available as are gluten free options . A pleasant place to meet up with friends or to go with the family.

MikeSmith8, Owner at Dreams Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Hi Nola

many thanks for your smashing review on Trip Advisor which has just appeared on my Management Page.

There seems to have been 2 Dreams Coffee Lounges in St Giles on TA, and I think yours was posted onto wrong one.

Your kind words are really appreciated and I thank you once again.

See you soon

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hi Mike ,as regulars at dreams ,have to say how much we enjoy our meals with you , however on the last two occasions the toast has been little more than hot bread, hardly browned at all, we have carried on because cant fault the rest of the meal, but today having just the toast it was so obviously not your your usual standard, so thought as this is the second time it has happened you might like to be made aware of it, perhaps the toaster could do with turning up a notch, when accompanied with egg etc its not noticible, but on it,s own it,s just not toast !!!and not really enjoyable at all, sorry.

1  Thank tottyblossom
MikeSmith8, Owner at Dreams Coffee Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Hi Tottyblossom

Just to say a huge thank you for taking the time to write your review. I'm really sorry that you have been served under cooked toast on not one, but two occasions now - there really is no excuse, and I have now spoken to all the kitchen Team about this.

I do hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again in the future, and I am genuinely delighted that you have highlighted this to me.

We're not perfect, but we do appreciate constructive criticism, as I believe you have voiced a very worthy opinion to support us and not just voted with your feet.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to serving you with perfect toast next time.

Mike and the Team

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm hoping this review helps Mike and the staff to fulfil a full service every day on the negative side of this I will hope there is still room for our visits, we love this special gem of a cafe, the service staff although young are very pleasant and attentive, they say we eat with our eyes, well go have a look for yourselves. Their eggs Benedict is the best I have tried outside of London

Hi Michael

I just wanted to thank you for your lovely comments and super best wishes on Trip Advisor.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your Eggs Benedict and will ensure our "unsung hero's" in the kitchen are made aware.

To be praised for service and quality of our dishes fills us with immense pride and we thank you for highlighting this in you review.

Thanks to reviews such as yours, we do seem to continue to be busy, but we will hopefully always get you in.

We look forward to seeing you again soon Michael.

Regards and many thanks once again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Me and my partner has visited here once before and today I chose to stop in on my own for a late breakfast.

Both visits has been great, the owner is absolutely lovely and so welcoming. You can tell the place is loved as loads of regulars are dining/drinking around you and the atmosphere is really laid back. The first time we visited we had coffee, ice tea and eggs on toast. All food was cooked perfectly, no dry eggs or toast! The place is clean, plenty of seats (it is always packed so be aware of that!) and pleasant staff who are willing to adapt to your needs if you are a little picky, which I am!

I had eggs benedict this time around and they were perfect, runny yolks and warm all the way through. Thank you to the owner for a nice meal and service with a smile!!

Hi Katrina

Just to say a huge thank you for taking the time to write a fabulous review on TA. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and that we will see you as new regulars.

My Team and I constantly strive to deliver great locally sourced produce with 1st class service, and I'm delighted you have seen this for yourself.

We look forward to seeing you and your partner very soon, and once again, many thanks for taking the time to write about us.