“Couldn't fault.”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Doesn't look much from the outside, but don't be deceived! Lovely little restaurant. My and the other half have both declared it's the best meal we've had out in a long while. Really tasty food, just enough so you feel full, but not so much that you feel like you're going to be sick. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

From the outside you may not think much of it, inside the restaurant is decorated in a traditional way, which is lovely. This is an Independent family run Turkish restaurant serving traditional Turkish food. I had a starter of Falafel which was hmmm served with humus. The adana with yougurt and tomarto is excellent no 32 on the menu I think. The three of us had different dishes (no's 30,31 & 32) all were really good and tastey, the portions are quite large and very filling so be prepared to be hungry. We made a mistake of ordering some chips to go with our main meals really didn't need it, if I was to do this again I would have salad instead. They serve the meals with either salad and rice ot Turkish flat bread. They also give you an onion salad with some flat bread for dipping free of charge which is nice too. Sadly we didn't get to try the desserts as we were too full and could not finish what we already had. Our meal came to £39.40 for 3 of us including drinks. Coffee served is the traditional Turkish type, strong served in a small cup not unlike an expresso. If you want to try something a little different with very reasonable prices try this place it's certainly one not to be missed. Almost forgot they also do a takeaway service.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Found this place by accident while looking for a pre-theatre meal. Lovely ambiance and friendly service. Food was excellent and reasonably priced.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

OK, corny title, but this is a hidden gem amongst the dross of Northampton town centre at this price point.

I'd noticed this when it opened a couple of years ago and dismissed it as a kebab house. Wrong! I'd heard lots of good reports from Turkish students and friends so gave it a pre-theatre try.

Courteous service and smashing food - we both tried the yoghurt/tomato specials with lamb and chicken and loved it. Good starters too - just a pity we didn't have time to try a coffee and baklaka, which looked good. In fact, the platters of meat and sausage - along with very nice chips! - passing all looked great. Despite the carnivore capers, there's a decent selection of veggie items too. It would be great for a bigger group - sharing would be recommended - though space downstairs is a little limited (table for 6-8 might make it). There may be greater options upstairs.

The added bonus of a cookery floor show really adds to the occasion! Very mixed clientèle from students to the more mature, so you will be unlikely to feel out of place. £32 for two - starters, mains, soft drink and beer - served in 45 minutes makes the Marmaris a great option.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently dined here for my girlfriend's birthday and must say it was one of the best experiences I've had eating out in Northampton.

There were six of us in total and upon arrival we were quickly shown to our table upstairs. The table was booked for 9pm and the only reason we were seated upstairs is because Marmaris is very popular on a Saturday night. I'll definitely sit downstairs on a return visit as the atmosphere looked great.

The staff were very attentive throughout the evening delivering our food and drinks quickly.

For starter I had the grilled halloumi cheese which was really nice, served with a lovely fresh salad. This was followed by a sort of Turkish mixed grill consisting of lamb ribs, chicken wings and a lamb shish kebab. Our waiter delivered two plates of onions cooked in pomegranate and turnip juice on the house. These tasted amazing!

I'm already planning my next visit. I urge anyone reading this review to book a table her. You won't regret it.