“Great traditional Indian restaurant”
Review of The Star Of India

The Star Of India
Ranked #165 of 645 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Lovely, fresh, food and great service in this busy, friendly, restaurant. Would highly recommend the Korma and veg. side dishes.

1  Thank jacquelinee794

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

We attended The Star of India last night & were greeted by very professional and friendly staff and the food was delicious - great service!

1  Thank 385vickig
Reviewed March 16, 2018 via mobile

Tried this place for the first time, never again. Bland, tasteless currys with no flavour, bad peshwari naan (Dry and dusty yet oily) Overall so bad neither of us wanted to eat our food, complained to the manager who was argumentative and accused me of disrespecting the chef. We were given money off the total price but still payed £17 for only eating two popadoms and a couple of juices. The worst Indian food I've ever had (and I've tried a lot) and terrible customer service. Overall a really unpleasant experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

I went for a Sunday buffet with my partner recently.
We rang ahead to see if we needed to book and was advised no. Arrived and the lady asked us for our booking name ... the restaurant was empty so I was confused.

Sat down to be handed 2 menus with a good range of food . However I couldn’t help but feel like the owners are trying to limit what you eat. The concept is ridiculous , you can only have one type of dish from each section ( so you can’t order 2 different mains or sides) . Found this strange as it’s not really a buffet if you can only order 1 dish?! Also they only let you have 1 rice dish per 2 people. It limits you to what you can eat / order.

The food we did have was actually really good and I recommend the Prawn Purée.

But the one thing that put me off going back was that after our meal and a beetle / cockroach looking thing ran across the table. I didn’t even mention it because we were basically about to leave but I’m not impressed.

I wouldn’t go again for the buffet because it’s a cop out and a rip off! And I don’t want to be sat around beetles.
X

Reviewed February 27, 2018 via mobile

I visited tonight with 2 colleagues 1 of whom has used the restaurant before. The food and service was excellent and the waiter fantastically polite and friendly.
Will definitely return