“Makes a nice change from Chains”

Leopold's Belgian Chocolates & Coffee House
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Leopolds is a cafe where you can come and enjoy just a drink, a litebite or something more substantial. We have a Leonidas Chocolate Counter where you can chose chocolates to go with your drink or to takeaway as gifts. Leopolds is a table service cafe in an elegant surrounding. Limited outside seating is available. We have a full menu of jackets, sandwiches, panini, salads, various hot food plus a litebite section.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Makes a nice change from Chains”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Relaxed friendly atmosphere.

Excellent food at a reasonable price.

Only downside is that they wouldnt do tap water with ice and lemon, as it was free.

• Visited November 2013
LeopoldsNorthampton, Owner at Leopold's Belgian Chocolates & Coffee House, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you enjoyed your visit and found the food excellent and reasonable.

The reason we do not put ice and lemon in tap water is because more and more people are having tap water with their meals, which we are happy to provide, and therefore we were buying in ever growing quantities of lemons and ice for something which was free of charge. We do not make our own ice on site. We do however provide ice and lemon for all our purchased cold drinks.

Thank you for taking the time to review Leopolds and we we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Best Regards
Leopolds

“Never let me down”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I thought I would write another review especially as this time I visited Leopold's later in the day. I had reservations often you find places have run out of food and that. However this was not the case here. Everything was still on the menu and it was just as fresh as earlier in the day.

The staff made me feel most welcome, I found it nice that the staff recognised me from my last visit, and recognised my coffee order.

I've been in a few times recently and noticed that the manager isn't around, however a young girl seem to act in his place, as a manager myself I have to say this young lady deserves some recognition.

In a town where there are a lot of chain coffee shops Leopold's is a pleasant Oasis of tranquility away from the hustle and bustle of Abington Street.

Northampton
“Great brunch”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We called in on the spur of the moment for something to eat and weren't disappointed. The scrambled egg & smoked salmon was excellent and Mandy had a very nice Coronation Chicken sandwich. The coffee is still the best in town.

• Visited August 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“We Will Return”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We're a Leicestershire couple who decided to have a day off work and take a drive down the A508 Into Northampton for bit of shopping. We called into Leopolds coffee shop and I had the best hot chocolate ever. (The wife's the coffee drinker, very Impressed). The staff were pleasant, and a gentlemen came over for a chat as we were "new in town". He was the owner and I complimented him on his drinks and the display of his fine chocolate selection. He let us sample a bite or two before my wife chose the chocolates she wanted. Overall a lovely little independant coffee shop, friendly and helpful staff, the best chocolates around, we will return. (Altough we didn't eat here (due to a large breakfast at home) I have marked excellent food for the chocolates)

• Visited September 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Beautiful coffee shop”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have been visiting Leopolds since they opened and am never let down!! Whether it be just a quick glass of fizzy pop, hot choc and cake stop while shopping or hot drink and snack stop I am always completely satisfied. The shop is beautiful and relaxed, the staff are always friendly, polite and very helpful and the food and drink is always fresh and wonderful... I luv visiting Leopolds and would recommend anyone to visit and try out their menu whatever it is they are looking for!! Can't wait to go back and treat myself again....... :-)

• Visited September 2013