Northampton Marriott Hotel
$55
$72
Sedgebrook Hall(Chapel Brampton)
$69
The Walnut Tree Inn(Northampton)
$61
$67
$60
HolidayInn.com
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
Priceline
  • Restaurant
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$84
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
All reviewsjacuzzi bathroom serviceno liftfull marksleisure facilitiesquality hotelreception staffbar areawedding partynice stayrestaurant staffgood sizethe ground floorfunction roomhot foodwedding receptionsaturday night
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have stayed at many Marriott hotels all over the world mainly for business purpose. While it's really hard to find a good hotel in UK (they seem overall not a country that cares about hospitality) this Marriott still falls short to my expectations paying the premium staying in one.

What I liked
- Marriott beds
- Nice size of rooms
- Nice hotel layout in the middle of the country side
- Relaxing atmosphere
- Quick and efficient cleaning of the rooms
- 8 different beers on tap
- Nice size TV
- free parking
- free internet because I am a Platin Marriott member

What I did not like
- no WLAN in the rooms (yes you heard right! You need a cable and are forced to sit at the table)
- only one Internet connection allowed (either Laptop or i-Phone or i-Pad)
- Mildew in the corners of the bathroom
- Stains of the carpets
- Air conditioner out of order
- Windows can only be opened very limited
- Sat in the bar and had to ask 3 times to be served
- Restaurant closed on Sunday afternoons although the webpage advertises differently
- Staff is cleaning the restaurant with a vacuum while guests are there (a no no in my eyes/ears)
- Internet price if I wouldn't be a platin member

I probably would stay here again when I am in the region but only because most of the hotels around here are not better. I will try the Best Western in Milton-Keynes next time though and then will report here.

Room Tip: There are rooms facing the highway. Try to get one which is opposite to that.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank teaki78089
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had a very pleasant stay at the Marriott in Northampton. I had booked two rooms for a family of five only in the morning via the Marriott reservation line. The hotel was very full and had no connecting rooms available which I was already told at the time of booking. When we arrived we were a little concerned as you could see the disco-lights of a wedding party already from the car-park. We needn't have had to worry as we didn't here a thing during the night. As the very nice receptionist said, they had put most of the wedding guests in one wing, and the rest in the other.

Double beds are huge and very comfortable.

Took the kids for a swim in the pool. The pool master went out of his way to get some floaters for the kids. Towels are provided for at the pool. Excellent service.

Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Fresh croissants and eggs fried to order.

We will return if we pass by again. Recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms are ground floor spread over two wings. Some face the motorway in the distance, and some face the garden.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Enjoyed my stay here - the stay were very friendly and always willing to give assistance and the room was comfortable and clean. Food was Ok - pretty standard, though breakfast was better than average. I was travelling on business and would recommend to other business travellers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Room was lovely with good lounge area and a bed that was huge and very comfortable.

Food was "OK" but service was slow for our bar meal. Breakfast was fine though with plenty of choice and good service.

One word of warning. The hotel does brisk trade in budget (tuxedo and tattoo) weddings so the whole tone and ambience of he place can be defined by the behavior of wedding guests. This makes for excellent people watching opportunities though.

Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank dwebb66
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Have stayed at various Marriotts all over the world and this was sub standard.
Check in was efficient & friendly.
Room was very cool & i turned the thermostat up on the air con - this didn't work so we turned the air con off completely.
There was a continuous whistling noise of a vent or something similar but we couldn't find the source.
We arrived for a meal at the brasserie at 19.15 to be told there was a private party & we couldn't eat in the restaurant until 20.00, but could have restaurant menu in the bar. Not ideal as only seats available were stools.
After perusing the menu for 10 minutes we were then told we could eat in the brasserie after all.
Food was mediocre,lacked seasoning and uninspiring.
The bedroom was still very cold on return so we tried to phone reception for a heater to find the phones didn't work.
My son had to go to reception to order a heater ( which duly arrived ) and go to reception again to ask for room service. This was not questioned by reception so maybe its a common problem with the phones.
Only positives are location, cleanliness and comfortable bed.
This Marriott needs to get its act together.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family