“Terrible Service & Terrible Food” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prezzo

Prezzo
Ranked #170 of 516 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Terrible Service & Terrible Food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Christmas Party Booking to 30 - Should not have taken the booking if they couldn't cope on a not very busy night. 20 mins to take a drinks order, 20 minutes for the drins to arrive. Starter was lovely, main was awful - majority of the party had to send their mains back 2 or 3 times. Everything was cold, chicken tasted burnt. A waiter even dropped a tray of drinks, swore and walked off, it took 10 mins for the mess to be cleaned up even though it went all over one of my parties legs!!!!!! No other staffed offered to help either! No-one came over to find out what the problem was. If I ran this restaurant and all my mains were comng back over and over I'd have gone to ind out what the issue was! The desserts had been sitting out on the side from just after we arrived, and it got to the point where te waitresses just put the desserts on th table without finding out whos was whos. We got 50% of the drinks bill and its safe to say I will never be going back.

• Visited December 2012

Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Very poor service. This is the first time I have complained and written a review on any web page!
The service was appalling, we even took it in turns to go and find the staff to place orders, and get someone to bring the birthday cake out to our table, After waiting ages to pay, we all put our coats on and I paid on the way out standing in my coat. As a group of 10, we refused to pay the service charge, but agreed to pay it to charity instead, and none of us have ever done that before.
And when I spoke to the manageress, she asked if everything was ok, but wasn't interested in my complaint (she did say sorry), but simply gave me the reciept and said that I could win £250 if I completed the feedback!!!!!
I don't want to win £250 for a poor evening out!!! Thank god for good friends and company!!!
Overall, POOR, and poorly dealt with by the manageress.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Denmead, United Kingdom
“Sunday lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I can't say anything other than average. The good was very nice but if we had not had a 25% off voucher it would have been expensive for what you got. Service could have been a bit better given that the place wasn't busy. We had to remind them to bring us the olives we ordered and there was a long wait for mains and the bill.

I'd eat here again but only on a deal

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We got a seat easily as it was a Tuesday night and ordered our food so far so good. We ordered starters and when they came they were very nice. We had high hopes for a lovely meal. Unfortunately this is where things started to go down hill. The duck xmas special was anything but... Dried chewy hard to get at duck is not very appetising, the sauce was obnoxious and the potatoes overcooked and ad dry as the duck. My partner could not eat it and when they came to clear the plates they did not ask if everything was ok. Because we were still hungry we tried a dessert each. Big mistake. The desserts are overpriced and once more were a let down. Cheesecake and strawberrys was served as cheesecake and one strawberry !! The staff there were quite grumpy and the overall impression we got was that we were an unwanted distraction . We certainly will not be returning.

Northampton, United Kingdom
“2nd visit unlucky!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

OK I have to say this was a Friday night and everywhere in Northampton Town is busy however Przzo have got greedy and spoilt the relaxed atmosphere!

My partners family were over for the night so we decided to brave the Town on a Friday because previous visits to Prezzo has been very accommodating and my partners Mother is - shall we say in her twilight years and likes to be comfortable and pampered. We arrived in good time for our pre booked table and were asked to take a seat in the waiting area and have a drink which we did, unfortunately that's where the evening started to go wrong, around 6 people arrived just after us and were told to do the the same so 10 people in a seating area for 6 people bit uncomfortable...... I had to ask when we would be seated and was told you have to wait! Then they got a table (which I would imagine was for empty glasses near to the bar and exit) placed chairs around it and called us over, this table was somewhere between the bar,the counter,the entrance and the main seating area there is no way we could have eaten our meal here without having to move constantly to let people go past! I asked to be moved and they dragged the table and contents to one side and said that's all we have. As we were there we ordered and this part seemed to go pretty smoothly and as usual the food was excellent. Unfortunately as we were entertaining and because myself and my partner use this restaurant for work related meals we have totally lost confidence that we will be able to book a suitable table for our guests so we will not be going again. Shame on you Prezzo if someone takes the time to book and turn up on time the least you could have done is reserve a suitable table!!

• Visited October 2012