“GOOD BUDGET HOTEL”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Skegness, United Kingdom
“GOOD BUDGET HOTEL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Have stayed here a few times now as it is a good, clean budget hotel.
Staff helpful and friendly.
Basic clean rooms.
In the town center so central to everything, including station and all buses.
We have stayed here 4 times now, once while waiting for our business to be ready, twice when we came back from our holidays and once while waiting to go on holiday.
I would recommend this hotel for all aspects of a good budget hotel, very near to Northampton town center

Room Tip: Book online if possible as there is quite a saving.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I appreciate all feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests.

Im glad you were happy with your stay at the hotel .

Jonathan Meeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Booked this hotel as it was central to the city. I was staying away for work and wanted something that was reasonable price wise and a good location. The only good thing was the location!!!!!!

Hotel was tired looking and the staff were not helpful. They could not even tell me how to get to the carpark. There are road work around the area at the mo and difficult to negotiate the way.

Room was ok I guess, but tv did not work very well, and the room was small.

We did go into the town for a drink and something to eat, which was about a 10 min walk from the hotel.

Did not have breakfast as was v expensive for what it was....£7.50 for a buffett and I did notice that the coffee machine was not even working.

Upon leaving the hotel i gave the reception my carpark ticket.....only to be told that I had to pay.
NOTE.. this is not stated on the website when you book. When I challenged this and mentioned that it did not say that it was a payable carpark, I was greeted with a very rude responce from the staff...she said" ah well yes, but it does not say that it id free either". DISGUSTING ATTITUDE.

I hope that the manager reads this as I certainly will not stay again unless things change.

P.S watch out for the far left lift, it is temprmental.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Amie O
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I must apolgise for the issues over the car park.

Many thanks again for your feedback.

Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Parking was very convenient and the hotel's location was good for the centre of town. The accommodation was perfectly OK for a budget hotel. The room and shower room were clean and reasonably well maintained and the heating worked. The bed was comfortable and furnishings were above average for the type/price of hotel.

The bar/café however was a disaster. Clean but completely soulless space shared with reception. Steak pie & mash for dinner was the worst meal we can remember eating. Cooked breakfast was very poor especially the scrambled eggs which were the only eggs on offer and were horrible. Toast and marmalade were fine as were the tea and coffee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

Many thanks again for your feedback .

Brockworth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel location was one f the reasons I stayed there as it was a few minutes by car from where I work. Getting in the car park was not ease due to traffic restrictions in certain roads. Not far from shops and train stations. I could hear the noise from TV in next door room . During weekend there is a lot of people going to their room late at night with the noise from that at 4 AM.; This is better on weekdays. Reception staff were professional and check in process is the same as other Accor hotels. Car park is at £5.50 / day but they charge the same rate every time you want to take the car out. Meaning it might be better to pay the regular rate in the car park if you are planning to go out more than once in 24 hours. There is a council operated car park not far from the hotel and parking there can be better value and it offers free parking on Sundays all day and night. Area around hotel is slightly run down and there is a lot of food take away outlets there . Not the best Ibis stayed in but would stay there again.

Room Tip: There is less noise from street on higher floors. Car parking is better reached via the round about...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

Many thanks again for your feedback and Im glad you were happy with your stay at the hotel .

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Very disappointed. Myself and my business partner were on a business weekend meeting which was very important. Despite requesting quiet room because of this, i didn't get a bit of sleep because both nights I stayed I was kept awake, and woken up through night and in early hours, over and over again by screaming in corridors, drunks, foreign accents loudly singing right outside my door, thumping and stamping on ceilings and walls. I was absolutely shattered and worn out for all my meetings at the weekend and this disruption ruined my weekend! Yes the room was clean, but I should expect a much cheaper price for such a noisy horrible weekends stay! :(

• Stayed August 2013
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I am sorry that your experienced issues with noise as clearly there were some rowdy guests staying with us back in August. This is not the norm so I am sorry that on this occasion it impacted on your stay with us.

Many thanks again for your feedback.

uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just a night's stay at this hotel to coincide with a rugby match proved ideal. The hotel is well located, has an adjoining car park, the service and friendliness in reception were. top notch. The price per person per room would take some beating. As to be expected from a town centre hotel, the noise of the traffic started early in the morning.; The room (233) overlooked the town on two sides and although the beds were quite comfortable they were also very narrow. Would certainly go back here if I ever revisit Northampton

Room Tip: Breakfast looked very "tired".
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, October 23, 2013