“Great hotel at a great price”

Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Very nice hotel at a very convenient location - very near the train and bus stations. Stayed here for three nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel was very clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size with a comfy bed, the breakfast was good and there's a lovely little bar to relax in in the evenings but there was one drawback and that was the lack of air conditioning in the room - it was very hot during the summer so I found it difficult to sleep at night. That said, I would absolutely recommend this hotel and would go back again myself. It's a fantastic hotel at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

Many thanks again for your feedback and Im glad you were happy with your stay at the hotel.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I often use IBIS hotels and had booked this for one night for a business matter. Sadly I had to cancel. Now I dont mind havning to pay the £45.00 room charge as I accept it was after the time for cancellation. But i do object to having to pay the £15.90 for the breakfasts we had booked which will clearly never be eaten ! This is not the policy in other budget hotels. Suppose the moral of the story is not to book meals in advance !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Nice hotel, clean, a few blocks from the train station (walking distance about 10-15 minutes). Courteous staff awaits you when you walk in. Rooms are clean, and my problem began here. When I entered my room, the temperature inside must have been in the 90s, with the drapes wide open, and sun beating through the closed windows. No a/c of course, and attempts to get a fan proved unsuccessful. Seconds after drying off from a cold shower, I was soaked again, it was so hot. Never understood why housekeeping staff didn't close drapes to try and keep room cooler on such a hot day. I found a fan in the hallway and the housekeeping staff gave me permission to take it. Spoke with front desk people about another one, they would try to find one. Closed drapes, left fan on, when I left the room, but learned when I got back, the electrical shuts off, when room key removed. Even with 2 fans, room was uncomfortable during my overnight stay.

Room Tip: Remember, many of hotels in UK, except for high-end ones, do not have a/c
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I appreciate all feedback that we receive, whether positive or negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. I am sorry regarding your issues with the heat that you experienced.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Comfortable room, discounted parking, great location, excellent staff. Our room was quite a trek from the lift but this was not an issue really. Small bar area for drinks and coffee. Beds really comfy and bathroom roomy and well equipped. Would definitely stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a single night found the rooms very bland and very basic could do with a picture on the wall. Free wi fi was a great bonus. Car park was £5.50 for 24 hours. Central for all bars and clubs

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed two nights to attend the Moto Gp at Silverstone, very limited choice when we booked over priced because of the Moto Gp, well sited for the town centre, cheap parking near by but I was a bit concerned leaving my vehicle there. Staff very helpful, but the general fabric of the building left a lot be desired, room was clean and the shower was good no bath with a large shower area, all the tiles around the toilet pan were badly cracked, the carpets in the corridors were badly rucked and could be a problem in a emergency evacuation, lifts were tatty everything seemed to lack any attention to detail, would not use again if I had a choice.

Room Tip: Would not use again
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel.

I would like to assure you that all the points raised regarding maintenance are due to be resolved shortly.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Good location in town centre. Good friendly staff Rooms are decent and generally clean. Only annoying thing is extortionate parking rates which are extras and should be included (i stayed for 2weeks) I would consider staying here again but parking would give me preference elsewhere

• Stayed: August 2013