“Good value”

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Good value”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Good value hotel in a central location. Room large and clean and relatively modern and I got a good night's sleep.

Dining room was far too small to accommodate the number of people wanting breakfast in the morning!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Tim,

I would like to thank you for your encouraging feedback. In regards to our restaurant, it is very challanging to accommodate all our guests at the busy times, for which I would like to apologize. I will pass your feedback to our team. I will be looking forward to welcoming you back. Regards, Joanna Torbus, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was clean and ideally positioned for nights on the town. Staff were pleasant and accomodating. The breakfast was really a let down with watery juices and poor standard of cook items. Fills a hole though after a night out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Piotr L, Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for the time to write this review. I am happy that you found our team friendly and location suitable. I am very sorry that you were let down by our breakfast offer. I will share your feedback with the rest of the team. We will take adequate action in order to make sure that our breakfast offer improves. Kind regards, Joanna/ Hotel Manager.
Gibraltar, Europe
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Hotel overall is good and very good value for money, well located, clean, and really cheap. There is also very good parking facilities. It is poorly staffed- staff are nice and try to be helpful but they are clearly short in numbers and this reflects on the service. Breakfast was very poor and very expensive.- you are better off taking breakfast out of the hotel.
I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Piotr L, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Ernest,

I am happy to see that you enjoyed the stay in our hotel and that you recognize it as a good value for the money. In regards to the breakfast being poor and expensive, we actually revised our breakfast offer recently updating and adding new items. I would appreciate more feedback in this area whenever you have time please contact me by email h3657-gm@accor.com. Regards, Piotr Latka, General Manager.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Standard fare for Ibis Hotels. Nice and clean with all the usual facilities. Breakfast was the same as all the rest except on this visit they had run out of juice.
Value is good - that's why I use Ibis a lot. Nothing exceptional but nothing bad.
You do have to pay for parking tough which is a bit of a pain and adds £5.50 to the rate

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for the feedback and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on this occassion. Unfortunately at this moment we have no influence on the car park charges as it doesn't belong to the hotel, we do charge our guests half of the actual car park rates, giving them 50% discount (paid directly on the car park is £11 for overnight stay). I will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards, Piotr Latka, General Manager.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was travelling for business and had to do one overnight in Northampton. I have stayed in the area before, but this hotel was more convenient this time around. I paid for the broadband internet, which was a connection by ethernet cable - that shouldn't have been a problem since I was just planning on working at the desk in my room. However, no one in the hotel could figure out how to use it and said it just wasn't working - it was, to be fair, the most antiquated and confusing set up with the ethernet cable attached to the back of the television - I have never seen anything like it before. I was made to switch rooms and spend about 45 minutes without any solution in the end. There was an option of 10 Euro wireless, which was pretty ridiculously expensive and unfortunately I had lost my credit cards earlier in the week so I couldn't log on and buy it (Which is why I had pre-paid for the broadband!). In the morning, they offered to take 10% off my bill, but I'm not sure this actually ever happened. The hotel was clean and the hotel room was comfortable, but for a business traveler, there needs to be better options to connect to the internet - that is my main requirement while travelling.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kameko,
I would like to thank you for your feedback and I am disappointed to see that you did not have a good experience with our broadband. I understand that it is expensive to pay £10 for a wireless internet, therefore we will be transferring this summer to a free wifi available to all our guests in the bedrooms. I would like to confirm that we refunded you the charges. I will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Regards, Piotr Latka, General Manager.
Kintzheim, France
Reviewed March 16, 2013

A two night stay for work turned out to be my last stay there. Nearby Parking garage perfect for winter conditions but ticket terminal did not accept cards. Rooms below average Ibis class without appropriate heating-temperature OK after two hours only. First room without warm water, receptionist stated that maintenance has been ordered for that purpose - why do they put guests in this room if they know the boiler is down? Changed the room three times and eventually had warm water in the morning. No manager at site when checking out - finally they credited one night.

Room Tip: better to stay out
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the comments about your stay, and I am very disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your stay with us on any level. On that day we did have a problem with the boiler in the whole building, therefore we tried to change the rooms to see if the hot water would be present in other rooms/floors. We do have heater in our rooms, it takes around 30 minutes for the temperature to rise as with any electric heater. I regret missing the chance to speak to you as I was present that night and morning in the hotel. I am glad to see that you were credited the room charges back to your account. Regards, Piotr Latka, General Manager.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013

poor breakfast offering doorbell and lift broken during stay like hotel rooms and staff good but maintenence issues please look at what you are offering guests for £7.95 breakfast its terrible not worth that amount of money

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the feedback, I can assure you that we have an additional lift in the lobby that is always working, incase the other lift will stop working, as we can't expect our guests to take the stairs every time. In regards to breakfast I would like to hear more from you as we recently updated the breakfast offer adding more items. Please feel free to contact me by email on h3657-gm@accor.com. Regards, Piotr Latka, General Manager.