“Good clean hotel”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Good clean hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel is in a good position for the city centre . The rooms are comfortable and quite if you get an inner room , if you get an outer room you will here the road traffic . Breakfast is good nice and hot from the buffet eat as much as you like .

• Stayed October 2012
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis in Northampton and look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Piotr Latka - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

I was having a training meeting and using the reception area and buying teas/coffees,& Lunch and we were due to book in 2 of staff for a weeks stay,but!! we ask the receptionist for coffee and she very rudely said "what is your room number" we said we don't have one because we just having a meeting here and would be booking in on Monday. with that she reluctantly gave us the coffee 20 minutes later and surprise!, surprise!IT WAS COLD not only that we had a pot of coffee and milk but the milk was already in the coffee pot very bazaar!! we then took it back and she said very rudely it was hot when i gave it to you. she then continued ranting to colleagues about us we were so embarrassed and disgusted we ask to the manager and was told does not work on Sundays and she refused to give her and managers name so we left, we also over heard many other complaints about the service in this hotel over the weekend i suggest you avoid hence we did not book in there lost!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis in Northampton. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Kind regards, Piotr Latka - General Manager
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

In September, 2012, I had to visit Northampton for a business meeting on a Monday. This hotel is a short walk from the rail station, and is equidistant from the station and the town centre of Northampton.

The hotel is part of a major complex, on the old Barclaycard site. The building houses a multiplex cinema (Vue), restaurants,health clubs, and the hotel, all under 1-roof. I accessed the hotel from the road (Mare Fair), but it can also be accessed from the large indoor car park, which is part of the major complex.

This is a very large hotel so I was concerned that it would be a bit soulless. But, the welcome front-of-house was warm and informative. Staff showed good local knowledge of the area, and were able to advise me about my how to get to my appointment the next day, efficiently - excellent front of house.

In my room I was disappointed with some wall damage, that had not been decorated and the filler (powder) got onto my black suit when I brushed past it.

My room was large by IBIS standards, and had a well fitted shower room, see pictures. No IBIS shower bod, which I have a love hate relationship with.

Also, I discovered the new beds that where being introduced across the IBIS brand. I found them very comfortable and had a good nights sleeps, each night.

I would have no problem recommending the accommodation to colleagues of business partners.

But, I do have 1 recommendation

- The dinning/breakfast is not proportional to the hotel size. I had to wait in the Morning for a breakfast. This is a small problem, but would be nice to see a little effort in addressing it in the long term.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Trade2012
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Room size good, shower size good. Bed high, but comfortable. Extra pillows and towels provided and used. Only a few tv channels, so not much to choose from. Snack menu, very limited. Window didn't close and I was kept awake all night by the nearby nightclub and street noise. Curtains had holes in them, not sure if they were moth eaten or cigarette burns. Bedside lamps were wonky. Room phone didn't work. Only one small bin provided with was not adequate. Had to find a plastic bag to put my rubbish in. Sofa had unknown stains on it. The carpet was worn with a few small holes. Tea and coffee provided, but not any water. Wardrobe only had 2 coat hangers, once of which was grubby and couldn't be used. The shower cubicle was large, but didn't drain properly, so the bathroom floor was flooded when taking a shower. Also the shower head kept moving round on its own accord and spraying the walls with water as the shower door was only a half size door. Small bar of soap provided and a used bottle of shower gel. The soap dispenser attached to the wall of the shower was empty. No extractor fan in the bathroom. The towels were too small to fit around my body. The breakfast was horrid. Tea and orange juice were nasty in taste. the mini croissants were good. A self serve hot buffet, with very limited choice was provided. I only had the scrambled eggs and they were runny and undercooked. Other guests could be heard walking the corridors late at night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NCourt06
Naxxar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have been to this hotel with my son twice. It is centrally located, close to the bus and train station. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. The rooms are very nice, spacious and clean. Breakfast is good, but I never ate at the restaurant. I highly recomend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for providing us with such a good review about your recent stay with us. I will share your comments with the team and I am sure this will be a great motivation for them. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back again on the near future. Kind regards, Piotr Latka, General Manager
Northants
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Having stayed here twice in the last 6 months, disappointing levels of cleanliness and standards throughout!

Baring in mind this hotel is relatively new, the standards throughout are poor.

Good value, but don't expect anything special or particularly nice!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank petied
IbisNorthamptonGM, General Manager at Ibis Hotel Northampton Centre, responded to this review, September 25, 2012