“Taking up flying now....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Virtual Aerospace

Virtual Aerospace
Ranked #1 of 18 Fun & Games in Northampton
More attraction details
Owner description: Virtual Aerospace operate 2 professional 737 Flight Simulators at Sywell Aerodrome near Northampton. Our customers range from professional pilots,enthusiasts, flight simulator fans and experience days to people with a severe fear of flying. All of our instructors are commercially qualified with a number flying as current airline pilots with various airlines. The remainder are full time professional flight instructors with over 50 different types and more than 60,000 flying hours between them. Our instructors have flown everything from Boeing B747, B707, B737, Airbus A319, A320 & A321 through to large propliners and fast jets. If you are looking for a 5* rated simulation experience then we are the perfect destination.
Derby, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Taking up flying now....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Since my visit just a few days ago I'm thinking about taking up flying lessons. Picked up an offer on groupon and was so pleased I did. Never flown before and never anything virtual like this so was a great experience. Super instructor, very talkative, friendly and all-round nice. Will certainly visit again and recommend to friends.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank TheKiwi1985

United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Fantastic attraction for both aviation enthusiasts and complete novices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Visited in the last week of December with my father; both of us are private pilots and have been flying for years, but have never flown anything 737-sized or a professional flight simulator, so when Virtual Aerospace placed on offer on GroupOn, we jumped at the chance to give it a go.

First impressions were positive as we arrived and were greeted with a genuine enthusiasm and politeness by the chap running the reception. Our instructor for the hour or so was Shaun, who took us into the simulator and immediately made us feel welcome, asking us what we wanted to achieve with our split hour session, where we wanted to fly and whether we needed any assistance. We opted to do some tough & go’s at San Francisco International, and later, Heathrow as we wanted to make the most of the time and maximise the flying time where possible. It was very easy to become quickly accustomed to the flight controls and flying characteristics, a complete joy and the hour (quite literally) flew by.

The simulator itself is running a modified version of the popular MS Flight Simulator, although adapted for professional simulators; whilst the simulator is not full-motion, the wide screen setup is very good and with the full cockpit (and rear cabin with around 8 airliner seats!) and detailed sounds (engines, Boeing alerts etc), it is very convincing and realistic.

Overall, I would recommend Virtual Aerospace and would return again – thank you to Shaun who made the experience even better with his own passion and enthusiasm.

3 Thank SnappySnapsSJ
Amanda F, General Manager at Virtual Aerospace, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hi Highflyer, thankyou for your great comments, we will pass your details onto Sean and Karl who was on the desk that day. The visual software we run is Lockheed Martins Prepare 3d which is great and allows us to download all sorts of fantastic scenery addons. The simulator is currently going through FNPT2 certification so will shortly be used for certified professional pilot courses with hours loggable. This is the reason the simulator flight model is so realistic, great visual software coupled with real Boeing primary controls.

We look forward to seeing you here again soon.
Rushden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

I would like to recommend this experience to anyone with an interest in flying, or even for the complete novice such as myself! The staff were warm and welcoming, and the premises ideally suited. I would especially like to thank them for making me feel so at ease when I was clearly a bit nervous. I spent a thrilling hour learning the ropes with a qualified instructor, and felt very looked after before, during and after my experience. Well worth the reasonable price. Thank you so much!

1 Thank Karma987
Milton Keynes
“Best Birthday Present Ever - an amazing day.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was bought this experience by my son in law for my 60th birthday, I started learning to fly in the 70s but only did a few hours in a 2 seat plane but nothing prepared me for the complexity of this thing. The experience was very realistic, the staff friendly and the instructor very knowledgable.

I never write reviews but felt compelled to after reading the review below and feeling that they had visited a different place to me! Thankyou to all at Virtual Aerospace for making my day wonderfull.

Visited January 2013
Stockport
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“If only they had the Hudson River too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Everything about this experience was wonderful. The admin was very efficient, and on the day my wife's instructor (Andy) was just brilliant. It was a birthday treat for her and he made the hour so special. After a couple of circuits round our local airport (Manchester) including pointing out the "Airport Pub" next to the runway, which he knew well (as do we!) she was whisked away to Hong Kong. Two citrcuits from "new" Hong Kong to "old" Hong Kong were amazing. I just can't praise this experience enough and having spoken to people who have done other simulator experiences its clear its very good value for money too.

I'm now trying to find an excuse to buy this all over again. The only slight disappointment (only joking) was that apparently they don't have the necessary programmes to simulate landing on the Hudson River with no engines!