“A great experience”
Review of Virtual Aerospace

Virtual Aerospace
Ranked #2 of 22 Fun & Games in Northampton
More attraction details
Owner description: Virtual Aerospace operate 2 professional 737 Flight Simulators at Sywell Aerodrome near Northampton. Our customers range from professional pilots,enthusiasts, flight simulator fans and experience days to people with a severe fear of flying. All of our instructors are commercially qualified with a number flying as current airline pilots with various airlines. The remainder are full time professional flight instructors with over 50 different types and more than 60,000 flying hours between them. Our instructors have flown everything from Boeing B747, B707, B737, Airbus A319, A320 & A321 through to large propliners and fast jets. If you are looking for a 5* rated simulation experience then we are the perfect destination.
Kettering, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Should have reviewed this earlier! Visited in September, I did the 1 hour experience which my daughters paid for for my Father's Day present.

I'd spent many hours in the past on Microsoft's Flight Simulator, but this is far far more "as real as it gets". With my instructor, Irwin, we flew from Amsterdam to Gatwick as a normal flight, arriving into Gatwick as it was getting dark. I did the take off, managed the auto pilot and systems, then hand flew over the North Sea, before managing a good landing at Gatwick, - something I've never managed on the computer!

As others have said, I was so engrossed in the flying, I didn't really look out of the window, but my daughter sat in the jump seat couldn't believe how real it was and that we didn't move!

Thanks for a sweaty palm & wobbly legs afternoon, would love to fly again one day!

Visited September 2012

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The Best of the Best”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Today I was treeated to a 2 hour Flying experience in a 737 Flight Simulator, made even better by the fantastic staff at the centre. The whole experience was first class and one I will never forget. My intructor was absolutely brilliant as I guess all the instructors are, he gave me some great ideas as to where to fly to and from, advising me of some of the most exiting airports to fly to and from, thank you for suggesting the old Hong kong airport I would have never thought of that. The cockpit is as real as it gets. I would strongly recommend this experience to anybody who has ever thought of what it must be like being at the sharp end of the plane. I will definately be doing it again even though it is a 200 mile round trip for me. Thank You the team at Virtual Aerospace.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Chriscarsenal
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Birthday Treat”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Best 1 Hour Flight Simulator Experiance.
My Wife Brought me this gift back in August but we had to wait until october well worth the wait.

First Rate Instructor very realistic experence Flying into Hong Kong Airport.

My wife was allowed to sit in the cockpit very realistic effects.

I will Go Again.
I will Recomend this .

Visited October 2012
County Durham
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“excellent experience :) lvd it”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I bought myself this offer of groupon, after looking about for a reasonable priced i thought it was a bargin. I emailed the company to arrange my visit but i couldnt get booked in for an hour so i booked the 30 minute session. Called back again a few weeks later and got in for an hour and paid the extra.. Am so happy that i done the 60 minutes now, i could have stayed in there longer it was that good :)

Just before we arrived i got a phone call from Amanda saying there was a 30 min delay as they had technical problems, which i thought was really good of them so i wasnt just sat waiting about. When we arrived we were greeted by Amanda who took the booking details and we waited for my turn. The man come out and greeted us and explained what would happen.

When i got into the simulator it seemed so real being in there, all what was missing was the rest of the plane.. I got to choose what airports i wanted to take off and land in, and also fly about as well.. We flew over the alps and it was an experience to see this.
The instructor was so helpful explaining everything to me, we took off and he was talking and explaining everything. He even involves your passenger as well rather than ignoring them. It was a brilliant experience knowing that you are in control of what you think is a real plane.

Just before the time was to end, we landed the plane and he let me do it myself, i was very nervous but i new i was only landing a simualtor but it was a fab experience to think i was doing it on my own.

It was the best thing i have experienced and so glad i upgraded to the 60 minute session.
I am loooking to do it again, so it would be something i would reccommend to anyone who would be intrested in something like this..

great customer service from all the staff. Looking forward to doing it again very soon.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank x-a-ndre-a-x
St. Neots, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Brilliant”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I booked the 1/2 hour experience for my husband with a Groupon voucher.
What a fantastic experience, he loved it. We will be definitely be going back for a longer flight.
The staff were fantastic, and really made the whole family feel welcome.
I am going to book another experience for my Dad for christmas.

Visited September 2012