“Comfortable room and friendly helpful staff”

Travelodge Northampton Upton Way
Travelodge Northampton Upton Way
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We had to start a journey a day earlier than originally planned so only booked this hotel on the afternoon of our arrival which meant no discount on the price of £49 for the night. Unfortunately the hotel shares a car park with an american dinner so when we arrived in the early evening parking was limited. The young male receptionist was very helpful and we were soon in our room. This particular Travelodge is one that has been refurbished and I was generally pleased with the standard of the room and found the Kings size bed very comfortable.I think this hotel is largely used by business travelers during the week and the bathroom only had towels for one but this was quickly resolved. there were also some minor housekeeping issues which we mentioned to reception.The room has a 22 inch LCD TV but only limited channels and no onscreen guide so it is difficult to tell what is on TV to watch. In the morning when we were checking out the manageress told me this is something that Head Office are planning to sort out. She also took the opportunity to apologise the problems we had had the previous evening and told me that she had arranged to provide me with an online e voucher I could use towards payment for future Travelodge stays. The evening receptionist had obviously taken on board our comments and I was pleasantly surprised that the manageress had taken this action without my even saying anything to her. The hotel is situated opposite a number of restaurants and a cinema and we walked to McDonalds for breakfast. Although we had some minor issues we enjoyed our stay and would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2014

A great place to stay, well run hotel with a fantastic Manageress and first class staff. The hotel runs smoothly once you are there the staff treat all guests like they were members of their family. The Manageress Sheryl is a great advert for Travelodge, helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I wouldn't normally stay in a Travelodge - if I'm on holiday I look for a B&B with character. However, work dictated I had to stay in Northampton and I've been very pleasantly surprised for the low price I paid. The room is spacious, clean, bright and well decorated. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. It's very well located and easy to find, with plenty of parking. Tea and coffee (inc decaf) are provided which was a real plus after a busy day. There really aren't any downsides and I will stay here again when I'm next in Northampton.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Newly refurbished and really comfy bed... Also very quiet. Very convenient for the Hunsbury Hill Centre where we attended a party; also very near to restaurants. Good receptionist, helped us with finding a cab. Recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Maz T
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We have stayed here on many occasions at it is near to our Daughters. On the most recent occasion I found the rooms to be dirty and stuffy.
They have recently been revamped and I found the bed really hard! The room was very stuffy as the heating was up full and it was a warm day anyway. However this was soon rectified by opening the windows. The carpet outside the bathroom was soaking wet so whether it had a leak or not I'm not sure.
The bathroom was not clean at all and really I should've complained, but as we were only staying the one night and time was very limited I didn't bother.
I'm hoping this was a one off as it suits us to stay here and it hasn't put me off.
I see now that some travelodges are offering a full breakfast?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank holidayqueen50
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Service at Travelodge Northampton Upton Way, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for your feedback holidayqueen50. We have recently freshened up our hotel and have put in brand new pocket sprung dreamer beds in every room, we have had some great feedback however we are aware that our guests do have different preferences on the mattress. We expect our housekeeping staff to ensure our rooms are clean and fresh so we are truly sorry to learn of the lapse in service on this occasion. We can confirm that not all of our hotels provide a Bar Café, however the ones which don’t you will have the option to purchase a breakfast box which can be places outside your door in the morning of departure. All information regarding our hotels services can be found on our website under each hotels information page.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stay in Travelodge's whenever possible. This one has just been newly refurbished and was very comfortable and clean. Very well situated close to Six fields stadium with cinema and various eating places. Only downside, our room was extremely hot even with the heating off. Think we were by the boiler room!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Liz649
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I booked a couple of triple rooms for two nights in order for my family and I to attend a wedding nearby. The booking process was easy, and the rooms very competitively priced. I was very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms - the housekeeping staff were abundant, and always pleasant and polite. One tip though - you only get a tiny bar of soap, so remember to take your own toiletries!
There was a little noise from the corridor as people passed the room, but that was to be expected on a busy weekend, and in general the hotel was peaceful.
The petrol station just outside the hotel didn't prove noisy, and it has an excellent M&S Food mini market which was ideal for snacks. Buddies Diner which shares a carpark with the hotel, was busy at night but good for breakfast in the mornings.
Overall it was an excellent place to stay, and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family