“Terrible food and service!”
Review of Lakeside

Lakeside
Ranked #128 of 566 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Lakeside is a family based hungry horse located near some great walking areas. Serving food and drink to suit everyone. The Lakeside has a brilliant wacky warehouse attached to entertain the family.
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Just eaten lunch in this dive and to say it was terrible is an understatement! My 2 year old daughter who once gnawed her way through her high chair was unable to eat the chicken pops because they were too hard and her slice of garlic bread was burnt! The alphabet spaghetti thrown on the side was cold so needless to say she left everything! My prawn jacket potatoe was cold and had been blitzed in the microwave so long it resembled a tough skinned slightly green rock. Don't get me started on the side salad!
When I complained the waitress looked terrified and just walked off without offering any solution. Shame, won't be going there again!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I've been here a couple of times with my wife looking for a very inexpensive meal out. That is exactly what we got; 2 for £10. I had steak and on both occasons it was fine.
The staff were all very freindly and they recognised us on our return visit which is nice.
We arrived late in the evening when it was nice and quite. As it has a Whacky Warehouse it maybe a little more lively earlier in the evening.
good value for money

Reviewed June 4, 2012

You woudlnt think microwaved 'mac and cheese' would be hard to prepare would you? After waiting 20 minutes after the rest of the party to be served my food it was warm on one side of the plate, fridge cold on the other, overly salty with some greasy mushrooms dumped on top. The garlic bread was over toasted and dry one side an untoasted and soggy on the other. I feel bad complaining to 14 year olds as its obviously not their fault but when my partner did give feedback the reply was "ok, I'll let someone know" and then the waitress dissapeared. Cheers for the awful food and poor service. Fayre and Square I think not....
(also annoyed I ended spending £6.49 which lets face it is only slightly cheaper than a decent quality vegetarian meal in a proper restaurant and no refund was offered)
I shall send them a tin of microwave mac and cheese complete with instructions in the post! And that only costs £1.15!