“Fantastic place to take clients for a business lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Vineyard

The Vineyard
Ranked #181 of 516 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic place to take clients for a business lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I recently visited the Vineyard in Northampton for a business lunch and the delightful experience prompted me to take the time to write this review. I have to say that the ambience, food, service, and value for money were all excellent.

We were shown promptly to a table after being warmly welcomed at the door, and drinks orders were taken whilst we perused the menu. The food was varied and reasonably priced, and you could tell, particularly from the fish and meat dishes, that you are being served quality produce that has been carefully sourced. The flavours were excellent, especially the scallops which were available as either a starter or a main course.

The service was attentive but discreet, enabling us to discuss confidential business without being overheard, whilst still feeling very well looked after. I would recommend this restaurant wholeheartedly to anyone in Northampton looking for a lunchtime meeting venue and have to say that I will definitely be returning before long. Overall 10/10.

1 Thank Carlsdavis

Northampton
“Pre theatre package - fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

While this restaurant is held in high esteem and thus ha price tags on the food to match their pre theatre menu is reasonably priced while not compromising on quality. Great breadsticks to nibble on before the food is served.

Good wine list and fantastic service.

1 Thank tracy3831
Northampton
“Not as good as expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This restaurant has traditionally been very well regarded in Northampton, but our recent experience was rather average. It wasn't bad, but not as good as the reputation would suggest. Rather formal and lacking in atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Charlotte E
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

We decided to start our Saturday night out with a meal at the Vineyard, having had previous positive experiences here.
Again, we were not disappointed and both really enjoyed our food. We had ravioli and a chicken dish for starters, both very tasty and good sized portions. We had Monk Fish and Seabass Filet as mains and we could not fault it!
Service was good and friendly and I love the atmosphere as it is intimate and relaxed.
We will be back!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Crientje
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Early evening meal.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was happy to win a 2 course meal for two at The Vineyard from a local radio programme after one of my nieces but me forward to be interviewed on my birthday. The meal had to be taken between 6.00pm - 7.30pm, so I booked a table for 7.00pm. The restaurant describes it self as a steak and seafood restaurant so I was pleased that when I booked they said they could cater for us as we're both vegetarians. My wife is also Coeliac, which they said was no bother. We both had Garlic Mushrooms for starters and were very pleased with it, the mushrooms were tasty and dressing went well with the green salad they were served on. I had mushroom ravioli in a tomato sauce and again was pleased with it, though it would have been nice to have been offered more parmesan after I'd eaten some, but then like a lot of parmesan. For my wife's gluten free meal they served roast vegetables in a tomato sauce, which was fine but served very hot in a very hot dish so my wife had to wait for it to cool down before she could start on it. Overall I was quite pleased with meal, the restaurants has a pleasant atmosphere though I did find the service from the single waiter a bit brusque. He seemed OK with the other guests though, so whether it was because we were veggies or on a freebie (though they obviously get paid) I don't know.

• Visited January 2013