“Red Hot? I think Not” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Hot World Buffet - CLOSED

Red Hot World Buffet
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Sit down to a tantalising selection of authentic, freshly-made food, selected from a range of the world's most popular cuisines. Red Hot World Buffet Northampton lets you choose your own eclectic eating experience.In a prime spot at the Sixfields Leisure Park, the restaurant is an ideal place to unwind after cheering on NTFC, or relax before a trip to Cineworld
London, United Kingdom
“Red Hot? I think Not”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had eaten here a few years ago and was quite impressed considering the kind of restaurant it was. All the food stations had something good to offer. This was why I decided to return en-route to an event I was attending.

How times have changed! For £14.95 it represents average value at best. We arrived early evening and were directed to a table over which the air conditioning fan was blowing. I asked for it's intensity to be reduced 3 times and it was never done.

The quality of the food is poor to average. Between us we sampled all world stations and none of them had food you could describe as tasty. Lots of fatty chicken, tasteless crab claws, poor, salty, overly greasy pizzas, rubbery pasta - the list goes on.

The non alcoholic tiramisu was a bit like shaving foam with chocolate sprinkled on it, I couldn't find any sponge in it at all.

The bill mentions a 5% additional charge - I made sure this wasn't included. Pennies short of £75 for 3 adults and two children. It wasn't worth half the price.

I could go on but would rather not waste any more time.

Poor poor poor.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pepperwhitemini

Northampton, United Kingdom
“pleasantly suprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Red Hot and never that keen on Buffet style restaurants, but I must admit this was very nice, the food was great and the staff very helpful. The food was topped up and replaced quite often while we was there, and nothing was cold and looked like it had sat there a while. Excellent value, the bill for our party of 10 including drinks and lots of food was just over £200, we all left very full and happy. The only downside is the outside, first impressions are not good, the wooden steps out front are falling to bits and a bit of a safety hazard, the inside is well set out and very clean, and thank god for air con..... Overall very good and looking forward to going back.

• Visited July 2013
Burnley
“Horrendous”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Read the mixed reviews on here, but always wanted to try the chain so visited after Silverstone on Saturday night. The place was heaving so I reasoned it couldn't be that bad......wrong! We opened the door to be greeted with a smell of blocked drains, we should of just left at that point. A staff member took our name and told us there was a five minute wait and to go through to the lounge. Having never been before where is the lounge? We found a bar area with no bar staff and got seated soon after. Still no offer of drinks and when we finally ordered, still no drinks. It transpires they had split a larger table into smaller tables and given them temporary tables numbers (written on scrap) so the waiters had no idea where table 126 was as technically it didn't exist. The buffet was crowded with diners with no sense of order and although I wasn't expecting much in respect of quality the food was a greasy bland disappointment. I usually like to try something new but after one trip to the buffet I couldn't face the scrum to return for more and couldn't wait to get out of there. Yes the staff were busy but they have tried to cram too many tables in and overstretched themselves and as such the service was appalling.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Do NOT waste your money!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went to Red Hot on Friday night for a collegue's leaving meal. I haven't been there for about 6 years (having said I wouldn't go again last time!).

Well, time has changed the place...it's even worse! The place is heaving (why, is beyond me...) and they have tried to squeeze as many tables in as possible. We were sat in a convervatory/lean to construction that was shabby to say the least. I ended up squeezed into a corner that was extremely difficult to get in/out of (not only for me, but intrusive for other diners with constant 'excuse me's'). Due to this fact I just didn't bother and ended up with just one plate of duck for my £15. To be fair, I wouldn't have eaten much else anyway, as the food looked appalling and there was very little variety.

I did broach the subject of the seating with a manager, who could not have looked less interested!

I can only assume that Red Hot is full as people think they are getting good value for money, as it's a buffet restaurant - but I promise, Northampton has MUCH better ones. I for one, will NEVER set foot inside their door again!!!

“Vile”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Don't bother this place is vile!! Food warm not (red hot) .. Service average, no choice, they don't care (only for your money) the place is run down and no money spent on outside! Choc fountain useless and dirty! 1 star in every section STAY AWAY.