“Sauna” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
London
“Sauna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Fantastic room apart from it was so hot and you could not control the heating in your room. You could not keep the window open because at 3am in the morning there is a man smoking and chatting on his mobile outside. i woke thinking the room was on fire not a nice experience. the breakfast was fantastic and plentiful and very friendly staff. The extractor in the bathroom did not work. Very good value at £45 for two.

Room Tip: Not ground near reception all these have undercover smoking area outside the window. But we were to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sharonuk1953

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip for five nights in October. The staff could not be lovelier and I so much wanted to like this hotel! Every day the rooms were thoroughly cleaned top to bottom -- something you don't even get at a hotel twice the price. The proprietess is lovely lovely lovely! It's affordable and conveniently located to the city centre, the university, etc.

My room faced Barrack Road so it has a good deal of street noise as it's a main road, but it's traffic noise which I can tune out. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no noise from students outside, nor was there noise from other rooms.

The WIFI was excellent, and free, and the signal was strong.

The breakfast was great. You get a full English breakfast made to order included in the price of the room, and a selection of cereals. The serving staff are friendly and efficient.

Unfortunately, the mattress in my room was knackered. I had hard, old-fashioned metal coil springs rammed into my spine for the entire workweek. I think I slept an hour or two a night and by the end of the week I was positively exhausted at work -- not great. I understand that this is a budget hotel, but I suggest that the mattresses really need to be invested in. I would give this hotel 1 star for the sleep quality.

I wish I could give this hotel five stars. Unfortunately I can't consider staying here again, which makes me sad as it is ideal in every way!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 007ShantyTown
Cambridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Great value for money. Rooms are very clean, staff are pleasant and the breakfast is amazing. Second time we have stayed and shall stay again. Only negative, road to the car park full of pot holes, not good for the suspension!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This hotel was very basic, but it had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. Although the rooms could have done with some updating, they were clean & serviceable. Breakfast was lovely & we found the staff to be friendly & welcoming.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Empingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, you can't really complain at £35 a night but compared I other hotels in that price bracket I can't understand the hugely positive reviews.

Positives; room was clean, nice tv

Negatives: bizarre car park arrangement whereby the mangement wanted me to leave my car keys at reception as its so small 4 of the spaces block in other cars. I refused and was told I had to move it in the morning. So at 6:30am I called to move my car and other guests were angry at me even though I was in an allocated bay.
Heating. No control over radiator in the room was roasting on arrival and upon asking thy turned off the heating in the entire building. Freezing in the morning.
Bathroom. Felt like I'd been in a time machine to the 70's. very dated, mould on the ceiling. Glad I only had to shower once.

As I say it was cheap but I'd rather spend an extra £15 on something with better parking and a nicer room.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Northampton hotels

Alloa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Was in Northampton on business, and booked into the Langham for a night, found the roon small but clean, had everything you could wish for and a comfy bed, my room was at the back of the hotel, and I found it to be very quiet.
There is a nice little lounge bar with a great selection of beer's on tap, and with sky sport so great if you like the football, which suited me.
This is a well run little hotel, which is clean, and the breakfast is fantastic, another great point is you can see into the open kitchen which is spotless.
You are well looked after in this hotel and the staff are very friendly and make you welcome, parking was secure but limited, I'll be back here the next time I'm in the area on business.

Room Tip: At the rear of the hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We booked two nights so we could travel into London by train to attend a wedding. Very secure parking was available and easy walking distance to the station helped everything go to plan. The room was fine and with a large flat screen TV. The best things about the stay was the superb cooked breakfast which was served with admirable efficiency.
We also enjoyed a Sunday morning walk around the Racecourse which is almost adjacent to the hotel before continuing our journey.

Room Tip: Google Streetview gives a good idea of the layout.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple