“Ria from Budapest”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Budapest
“Ria from Budapest”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Very nice hotel and city....The staff Mary,Robert and Michail are so professional .I feel like at HOME..Rooms are nice and clear.:)))Next year we want to come again...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Warwickshire
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The staff were very helpful, and always courteous. The breakfast was great and could not have asked for more. The room was spacious, very clean & tidy. Other people have mentioned about the pot holes in the drive, well its what you would expect from a service road which is used by the varying hotels, and houses, so its not the fault of the Langham Hotel, and who cares your not staying in the service road!! The car park is fine and spacious contractors were her while we were but no problems with parking. I would recomend this to my friends as the stay was great. I would say though an evening meal would have got this an excellent rating. However though all in all for the price the comfort and the staff it is a very good hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Grange-over-Sands, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Not the largest room but clean with comfortable beds and nice and quiet.
Although Expedia says "Buffet Breakfast" we got the best Full English you could wish for.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Very nice hotel. The staff is really great and professional, and ready to help you anytime.
Rooms are clean and you even have an iron board! Nice tv and free internet.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2011

On first impressions not too bad, but soon went down hill, Everywhere there are bright yellow walls, luckly I have reactions lenses in my glasses, and there's a strange smell. Mary took me to my room through the car park and in by a fire escape, she than handed me a bunch of keys (3), one for the front door of the hotel, one for the fire escape and one for my room which I had to keep locked from the inside or anybody could of got in.
The room was quite large with a double and a single bed, I slept in the double but for some reason it had a plastic undersheet on it, large flat screen tv but half the channels didn't work.
The car park was down a very deeply pot-holed dirt track which soon filled up with contractor vans so you needed to get there early to get a space.
The area was a bit dodgy to say the least, and I didn't feel safe especially when it was dark. It's a 15 minute walk down into the town centre. I didn't walk back but got a taxi, There was no privision for an evening meal- just a lot of take away menus, so it was really a B and B not a hotel.
But the best thing of all didn't happen until after my trip, when I was informed by my company that they had been charged over £300 for damage to a shower which when I left was in perfect working order.
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody , and the next time I visit Northampton I shall be staying at the Park Inn, a proper hotel with a pool, gym and food.

1 Thank Daz-p67
lukic, Owner at The Langham Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
This gentleman left the hotel without informing us of the damage he had caused to the room. The damage led us to employ an emergency plumber, late in the day, to carry out temporary repairs and order parts. The temporary works saved the hotel the loss of nights of revenue and turning valued customers away that had already booked. Latterly we had to have the temporary plumbing repair dismantled and the correct parts fitted, when they came in at the merchants. The plumber bought only spare parts and not the complete item as that would have put a further hundred pounds on the invoice. We kept the costs to a minimum and saved putting our valued arriving customers in an invidious position, by cancelling their bookings. In this situation we felt it necessary to charge the customer that caused the damage, as he didn't notify us before leaving.

Travelers are raving about these Northampton hotels

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel is very clean and smart.The staff are fabulous.They are well presented and very friendly.At the end of a working day its a joy to return to a bright and comfortable place.I particularly like the fact that there is a fridge in the room as it makes working away from home easier to provide myself with food and not have to keep going to the supermarkets.I made a point of saying to the staff how much I enjoyed my stay and how excellent they were at their job.It,s a first class service and a first class breakfast !

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

What a lovely hotel! We were greeted by Mary who could not of been more helpful.Our room was a good size with a fridge, ironing board, hairdryer and flatscreen tv etc. Mary offered to open the bar up if we would like a drink that afternoon and advised us on local restaurants and directions into Northampton, Which was a short walk. Our room overlooked the local park and our car was parked in what seems a very secure carpark. Breakfast was quite an experience when Mary's two sons who are identical twins served an ample meal which kept us going all day! We will definitely go again....Derngate and Royal are excellent theatres and also walking distance. Though they offered to order a taxi. What a pleasant change from Hotel chains!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family