“Ample areas”
Review of Hilton Northampton

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Very clean and good size room. Recived everything I was looking for. Only one thing to point, TV signal maybe not strong enough, so quality of image not the best. Every single other thing, just perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Northampton following your recent stay with us.

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope we can welcome you back to in the near future.

Hilton Northampton

Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We arrived on a Friday evening only to be told that they didn't have a record of our booking. We spent an anxious 15 mintues trying to find an electornic copy of the booking whislt the reception staff told us four times that we could buy another room.
Once our booking had been found, a copy of my credit card was taken against the room and stapled to the room booking. I left to spend the night with the groom to be and left my partner on her own presuming that she would be looked after.

That evening my partner had boought a number of drinks and wished to have them put on the room bill. The hotel then told her that there was no credit card against the room. She had no money - and had to ask family to pay.

In the morning my partner went down for breakfast only to be told that this was a room only booking. I had a copy of the booking receipt with me and so my partner could no way demonstrate that breakfast was included. It was included and she had been denied it.

The next day we made the staff aware of our concerns and they said that a manger would get in touch. We are still waiting three days later. In case you are expecting a higher level of service from this hotel - dont.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 1970Christian
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here at the Hilton Northampton. I am most disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfying, for this, please accept my sincere apologies.

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective. We do not wish any of our guests to leave less than satisfied so have taken on board your comments and they have been addressed by the Manager.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Yours sincerely

Guest Relations

Reviewed April 11, 2014

terrible place, staff not courteous not sincere nor honest, they manipukate saying the person I talked to is not available- Their telphone system si absolutely the 1800 century - cannot here at all. Dining experience is very bad - they prepared food from old ingredients smells and had fried oil in baled fish

1  Thank Rao M
Sarah K, Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at the Hilton Northampton. I am most disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfying, for this, please accept my sincere apologies.
Regarding your point raised about the food, I would like to assure you that all our food is freshly prepared on the day, using only fresh ingredients, I have met with the Chef on duty that night to ensure that all food is replenished on a regular basis. As a gesture of goodwill, the food and drink were given to you complimentary that night.
I am sorry to learn that you found members of my team unhelpful, I usually get only positive feedback about their attitude and how accommodating they are. I will conduct further investigations into your comments, and where necessary will take action as required.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
Yours sincerely
Sarah Kenny
Hotel Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff are great, the food was good value and to a good standard. the whole place made us welcome and helped elderly party members to feel served!The rpice was good value and very convenient for many places, try woburn Abbey for a cream tea

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Guest

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff member William. Your kind words have been passed onto his Head of Deaprtment so that they can be shared with him.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

A very pleasant stay mainly due to the staff who were very friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble.The room was clean, extremely comfortable bed and free upgrade was very much appreciated. Lovely garden view, ideal access for the gym. The food was good, lovely presentation and Archie and his team were excellent. The Living Well centre was clean with good facilities. I've stayed at a few Hiltons and sometimes these services have been disappointing due to the appearance being a little shabby and facilities not working, but this was not the case at Northampton. Overall a very enjoyable, pleasant and relaxing stay. The only disappointment was the WiFi charge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff member Archie. Your kind words have been passed onto his Head of Deaprtment so that they can be shared with him.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Well looked after for 3 day leisure trip. Staff helpful and friendly. Room was quiet and spotless. Thought as normal with Hilton that bar food and drink was expensive. Overall, as I have come to expect, a very good Hilton experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our rooms.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

You know what you're getting with one of these Hiltons. It was really nice overall.
The staff were competent, friendly, and helpful.
The gym was really well equipped.
WiFi was charged at ~£15 for 24 hours. I couldn't really justify that for just milling around on the internet, but the phone service was poor too (EE). It's obviously not the Hilton's fault, but just for info.

The restaurant and food really impressed me. Breakfast had a great variety. I also ate there every single evening for the few that I was there. There was always the a la carte menu, but there were other options also.
Tuesday had a mexican buffet. Wednesday had an english buffet, and Thursday had a set menu. The buffets cost £18.50, and the set menu was £22 for three courses, so brilliant value.
I don't know if it's a long term thing they're doing, but it was a really great thing to have.
As well as that, the service from the staff was on point - they were very welcoming.

Probably the biggest issue (which I think shows how good it was) is the location. While it's obviously named Northampton, it's not technically within the town. It was about £10 to get a taxi to the centre of it.

Room Tip: My room was facing the courtyard, which I was told would mean it'd be quieter, as it wasn't...