“Hilton Northampton”
Review of Hilton Northampton

Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed April 11, 2014

terrible place, staff not courteous not sincere nor honest, they manipukate saying the person I talked to is not available- Their telphone system si absolutely the 1800 century - cannot here at all. Dining experience is very bad - they prepared food from old ingredients smells and had fried oil in baled fish

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rao M
Sarah K, Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at the Hilton Northampton. I am most disappointed to learn that your experience was less than satisfying, for this, please accept my sincere apologies.
Regarding your point raised about the food, I would like to assure you that all our food is freshly prepared on the day, using only fresh ingredients, I have met with the Chef on duty that night to ensure that all food is replenished on a regular basis. As a gesture of goodwill, the food and drink were given to you complimentary that night.
I am sorry to learn that you found members of my team unhelpful, I usually get only positive feedback about their attitude and how accommodating they are. I will conduct further investigations into your comments, and where necessary will take action as required.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
Yours sincerely
Sarah Kenny
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Hilton Northampton

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The staff are great, the food was good value and to a good standard. the whole place made us welcome and helped elderly party members to feel served!The rpice was good value and very convenient for many places, try woburn Abbey for a cream tea

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Northampton following your recent stay with us.

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective.

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff member William. Your kind words have been passed onto his Head of Deaprtment so that they can be shared with him.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope we can welcome you back to in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

A very pleasant stay mainly due to the staff who were very friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble.The room was clean, extremely comfortable bed and free upgrade was very much appreciated. Lovely garden view, ideal access for the gym. The food was good, lovely presentation and Archie and his team were excellent. The Living Well centre was clean with good facilities. I've stayed at a few Hiltons and sometimes these services have been disappointing due to the appearance being a little shabby and facilities not working, but this was not the case at Northampton. Overall a very enjoyable, pleasant and relaxing stay. The only disappointment was the WiFi charge.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear Guest

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff member Archie. Your kind words have been passed onto his Head of Deaprtment so that they can be shared with him.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Well looked after for 3 day leisure trip. Staff helpful and friendly. Room was quiet and spotless. Thought as normal with Hilton that bar food and drink was expensive. Overall, as I have come to expect, a very good Hilton experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our rooms.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

You know what you're getting with one of these Hiltons. It was really nice overall.
The staff were competent, friendly, and helpful.
The gym was really well equipped.
WiFi was charged at ~£15 for 24 hours. I couldn't really justify that for just milling around on the internet, but the phone service was poor too (EE). It's obviously not the Hilton's fault, but just for info.

The restaurant and food really impressed me. Breakfast had a great variety. I also ate there every single evening for the few that I was there. There was always the a la carte menu, but there were other options also.
Tuesday had a mexican buffet. Wednesday had an english buffet, and Thursday had a set menu. The buffets cost £18.50, and the set menu was £22 for three courses, so brilliant value.
I don't know if it's a long term thing they're doing, but it was a really great thing to have.
As well as that, the service from the staff was on point - they were very welcoming.

Probably the biggest issue (which I think shows how good it was) is the location. While it's obviously named Northampton, it's not technically within the town. It was about £10 to get a taxi to the centre of it.

Room Tip: My room was facing the courtyard, which I was told would mean it'd be quieter, as it wasn't...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Booked for a special birthday weekend treat, Booked a suite which was OK possibly a little tired but functional, King size bed was very comfy, disappointed spa bath was out of order and shower was dismal bath took ages to fill and water only just warm enough, sealant also needs cleaning or replacing and limescale on taps needs removing. No air con in room, Would also have expected a fridge. Worst TV system I have ever come across, no way of telling what you were watching ie no TV guide or red button,not even a full compliment of freeview channels as it was Sky, but plenty of films for you to rent at a fiver a throw. Down side of room 187 was its proximity to the Swimming pool which was, when full of screaming kids (as on Saturday evening) was very noticable and also on monday morning when the thumping music in the gym area started at about 6.30 and was annoying to be woken so early, So possibly avoid room 187 if you want a peaceful rest. Breakfast on Sunday was superb, good quality, loads of choice and plenty of space, we did however go down quite early, On Monday we were later and the quality was sadly dissapointing with the hot food being on its last legs, we did however taffle together enough good bits to make it acceptable. We did not partake of any other meals but looking at the menu's there appeared to be a good choice of dishes but you may need a mortgage to afford it there is also a lounge menu(example: Ham sandwich suitable dressed up for £9.00), Room service is available but be aware of the £5.00 tray charge (example a couple of 8oz sirloins with chips etc served in your room would come in at £55.00) The leisure centre was excellent with pool, jaccuzi, steam room and sauna, didn't use the gym but looked pretty good. Be prepared for a long walk though as although our room backed onto the swimming pool we had to do three sides of the square to get to the entrance and the corridors although easy to navigate are very long. All the staff we spoke to were friendly and efficient and even when I was charged for an extra night they had already picked up the error and corrected it. Would I stay again, possibly if the deal on offer was much better than The Marriott (previously reviewed)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel. I'm delighted that you all enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

the fist thing I noticed was the bath was dirty, someone had left a hair clip on the floor in the bedroom, so perhaps that room hadn't been cleaned either and a cheap used make-up applicator was in the hair drier desk. However a lady was promptly dispatched to clean the bath and the staff were all friendly and apologetic.
I was then severed and inedible meal in the restaurant on one evening which made me feel quite sick. I took this up with the duty manager and explained how disappointed I was. the next day a bottle of wine appeared in my room (which I gave away as I don't drink), but I discovered later that the meal had been billed to my colleagues room. I asked for it to be removed and was told this would happen, however it hasn't.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bristoltraveladvisor

Dear Guest

Once rooms have been cleaned by the Housekeepers they should then be checked by a Supervisor. The Head Housekeeper would like to apologise for the cleanliness issues that you found in your room. This information has been documented and a course of re-training has been arranged for both the team member that cleaned the room and also the supervisor that checked it as we need to ensure that our guests receive a fresh clean room in the future.

The Head Chef is most disappointed that your meal was less than satisfying, and would like to convey his apologies for the poor standard of mash potato that you received. I can confirm that we have located the charge for this and it has now been refunded back to your colleagues account.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you our usual high level of service and standards in the future.