$69
$54
$72
Sedgebrook Hall(Chapel Brampton)
$69
The Walnut Tree Inn(Northampton)
$61
$120
$95
The Poplars Hotel(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$83
Travelodge Northampton Round Spinney(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$43
Travelodge
1,398 results
All reviewssteam roomspa facilitiesgood sizetwo double bedsroom was largethe ground floorbreakfast was excellentevening mealbar areafamily roomsaturday nightstayed here for one nightplenty of parkingfull englishmotorwaysilverstonejunction
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Big improvement on last years experience of this hotel. Excellent room (212) overlooking courtyard ,recently refurbished to a very good standard..I did request a good room and they were careful to find me one..As usual I had my Siamese show cats as entourage,everything ran like clockwork ..Staff loved the kittens apart from one "duty manager"? who said " I wouldnt have given you an upgraded room if I had known you had cats with you. Of course this prompted my reply that I would not stay with them again unless they allocated me one of their best rooms.The housekeeper was delightful as were all the other staff I met..I find the location excellent for visiting Northampton just ten minutes from Northampton Royal Theatre and all the main shops.Very good WiFi reception,reception staff sorted out my Tablet to receive their wifi.
So yes I will return next year.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on first floor overlooking courtyard,ask for a refurbished room..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Northampton following your recent stay with us.

We very much appreciate all the guest feedback we receive as this enables us to view the hotel from a guest prospective.

We were extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff. These have been passed onto the Managers so that they can be shared with their teams.

I have spoken with the General Manager regarding the comments made by the Duty Manager. She has confirmed that this has been addressed with the individual as it is our aim to make every guest feel cared for and respected.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and sincerely hope we can welcome you back to in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed as was at event at Silverstone. Arrived mid Saturday afternoon car park rather full. Secuirity barrier open position on entrance and exit. Whilst waiting to book in had to compete with screaming children who decided that a hotel is as much fun as a school playground.

Concerned parents exercised their vocal powers in between slurping pints in the corridor. It all looked like good fun, one often wonder why those who book weddings cannot confine themselves and their guests and children to the function suites they have booked? Why the need to spill over to the main areas?

The room was clean and spacious, I thought I would have a little rest before meeting some friends, low and behold the wedding party had gathered (in February) for photgraphs outside my window. I then was awarded a number of "oh don't she look nice and wot a wunerfull couple they look" etc etc.

I did not want to go to their wedding or be part of it, can the hotel not have a sign WARNING WEDDING.

The evening meal was acceptable and I cleared off to bed at 10pm, to be woken by the 100 yards kids dash to their room or the one they thought it was " don't blame them it's been a long day and the little devils are tired" slurp, slurp,

Breakfast very good lots to choose. Check out long queue, trust bill will arrive in post?

Go back, avoid wedding unless you like other peoples noise.

Room Tip: anywhere away from screaming kids and wedding drunks
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I am sorry that you were not advised on making your reservation that there was a wedding taking place in the Hotel. I have made the reservation team aware of this and a course re-training has been taken with immediate effect.

Feedback such as yours helps us to monitor and improve the services we offer within the hotel, thus helping us to maintain the high level of customer service we aim to achieve.

Once again please accept my apologies and hope you are able to enjoy another Hilton break in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was here for a three day workshop and the accommodation is ideal for this purpose: function rooms are a good size, bedrooms fine - clearly geared up for working visitors rather than tourists, and the restaurant, cafe and bar are all adequate. Buffet breakfasts and lunches were good, with lots of variety and plenty of fresh fruit; dinner menus were less interesting - indeed fairy boring. Service, however, was excellent: friendly and efficient. There is a good gym and pool with helpful staff. I would not hesitate to stay here again, either in transit or for business.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton Northampton following your recent stay.

I am extremely pleased to read all your positive comments of the hotel especially of our staff. These have been passed onto the Managers so that they can be shared with their teams.

Thank you for observations regarding the evening meal selection. This has been escalated to our Head Chef so that he can take this into consideration when chosing dishes for the next menu.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I'll start with the location. The hotel is on the outskirts of Northampton very close to junction 15 of the M1. This is both a plus and a minus, for travel it is well located but it is a bit remote if you have the desire to explore Northampton(???!!!) Being at the side of a trunk road feeding the M1 means that traffic noise can be heard most of the night if your room faces the road.

The staff were generally quite helpful & friendly, no negative comments.

The room, whilst well appointed is starting to look a little dated, it is certainly not as modern as other Hiltons I have stayed in, but the room was comfortable and clean. There was no climate control, only an electric heater, which is not generally a problem but the thermostat clicked quite loudly throughout the night. I remedied both this and the traffic noise with Scotch.

On checking out it appears I did not have to pay to use the car park, which, if true, is excellent as charging £5.00 to use the hotel car park when it is adjacent to nothing of any interest whatsoever is just plain racketeering,

The bar and restaurant are expensive for what it offers. There is a hot & cold self serve buffet for £17.00 a steak will set you back at least £20 plus sides etc. But due to being on the edge of the middle of nowhere you dont have much choice. Breakfast wasn't bad and was included in my very good room rate (booked in the Jan sale).

The shower controls were incredibly fiddly alternating between volcanic & arctic whenever I so much as reached for the temperature controller.

The internet is far too expensive & Hilton are not listening to their guests reviews on this website about it. It's not just me that campaigns for free internet. All in all, like the curate's egg - it's not all bad. So it gets an average rating from me.

P.S. They left dinner off my bill, I had to let them know about it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank eebeegeebees

Dear Guest

I do understand that a peaceful night's sleep is what you came for and I'm sorry that you were disturbed by the noise from the electric heater and the motorway.

We do have a maintenance programme in place to improve the guest bedrooms and bathrooms so have passed your comments regarding the noisy heater and the shower control to the Maintenance Manager to review.

The in-room Wi-Fi service offered in the Hilton Northampton is chargeable but is offered complimentary in our Public Areas including the Main Lobby and Lounge Bar.

Thank you once again for your time and kind words regarding the staff and hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

My partner and I stayed here, whilst on route to visit friends. The weaher was awful and we had had a long journey through the snow. As we struggled in with our bags, a young man called George hurried towards us and immediately offered to help with our bags, and get us a warm drink! The room was lovely and comfortable, and immaculately clean. Blackout curtains in the room meant that I got the best nights sleep in months! Saw George that night in the restaurant who was kind enough to ask if we'd warmed up, and was attentive without being intrusive. The food was delicious, though drinks were pricey! The welcome that we got at this Hilton really made our stay. We werent tempted by the pool, due to having got so cold travelling, but it did look like it would be nice to visit another time.

Room Tip: We had a room on the ground floor and it was fine-not disturbed by any external noise. Close to the motorway which was convenient but certainly not noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sylvie1981
hiltonguest, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay here at the Hilton Hotel Northampton.

I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding George our Food and Beverage Assistant. All your comments have been passed on to the Food & Beverage Manager and General Manager so that he can be recognised for the wonderful service that he has provided.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcoming you back in the near future.