I'll start with the location. The hotel is on the outskirts of Northampton very close to junction 15 of the M1. This is both a plus and a minus, for travel it is well located but it is a bit remote if you have the desire to explore Northampton(???!!!) Being at the side of a trunk road feeding the M1 means that traffic noise can be heard most of the night if your room faces the road.
The staff were generally quite helpful & friendly, no negative comments.
The room, whilst well appointed is starting to look a little dated, it is certainly not as modern as other Hiltons I have stayed in, but the room was comfortable and clean. There was no climate control, only an electric heater, which is not generally a problem but the thermostat clicked quite loudly throughout the night. I remedied both this and the traffic noise with Scotch.
On checking out it appears I did not have to pay to use the car park, which, if true, is excellent as charging £5.00 to use the hotel car park when it is adjacent to nothing of any interest whatsoever is just plain racketeering,
The bar and restaurant are expensive for what it offers. There is a hot & cold self serve buffet for £17.00 a steak will set you back at least £20 plus sides etc. But due to being on the edge of the middle of nowhere you dont have much choice. Breakfast wasn't bad and was included in my very good room rate (booked in the Jan sale).
The shower controls were incredibly fiddly alternating between volcanic & arctic whenever I so much as reached for the temperature controller.
The internet is far too expensive & Hilton are not listening to their guests reviews on this website about it. It's not just me that campaigns for free internet. All in all, like the curate's egg - it's not all bad. So it gets an average rating from me.
P.S. They left dinner off my bill, I had to let them know about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Northampton hotel adjacent to Junction 15 of the M1 Motorway and only 20 minutes from Silverstone Formula 1 racing circuit. Enjoy the convenient location just ten minutes’ drive from Northampton town center and 20 minutes from Milton Keynes. Billing Aquadrome is 15 minutes’ drive away and London Luton Airport (LTN) is 40 minutes away. Keep fit in the fully equipped Livingwell Health Club or swim laps of the 18-meter indoor pool - the largest pool in Northamptonshire. Dine on international cuisine at the Hilton Northampton hotel's Seasons Restaurant. Relax with a pre-dinner drink in the Court Bar overlooking the central courtyard area and savor a morning coffee in Caffè Cino. All Hilton Northampton hotel accommodations have high-speed internet access. The hotel has 13 meeting rooms for 10-300, a business center and WiFi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hilton EMEA so you can book your Hilton Northampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Northampton Hotel Northampton
- Hilton International Northampton
- Northampton Hilton International