There isn't much to recommend the location, unless one has to stop there (as I did) for business. The blank looks I got from reception when I asked them where I could go for an evening walk said it all.
There is nothing wrong with the rooms, facilities or service, but there is nothing to justify the prices charged either. We were staying at a preferential rate negotiated for the business gathering I was attending but I would have stayed elsewhere if quoted the regular prices of 100-130.- for a double.
Guest rooms are spacious enough to work in, beds are comfortable, and the standard of cleanliness is good. Bathrooms are clean but a little tired, and the toilet flush in ours didn't work properly. We did not have time to try the pool or spa.
Reception was variable - friendly at times, at other times we got the feeling we were interrupting the receptionist at something important. Be warned of late check-in times here - 15:00 is the norm. After a little begging and explaining that we need somewhere to work we thankfully were allowed to check in early, but had the impression we were very lucky there.
Food is very expensive but of good standard. The breakfast buffet is recommended - good selection catering for a wide variety of diets, and everything fresh. The restaurant and bar staff is very friendly, efficient and professional. You need to be early for dinner - We didn't get a table in the restaurant at 20:00 and had to eat in the bar, and the signature dish was already sold out.
One really annoying aspect of staying in this place is their policy of charging extra for every little convenience. Parking is expensive. WiFi is free in the lobby for 60min only, then (or if you need WiFi in your room) it becomes expensive. 7.- per movie if you want to watch something in the evening. Almost 4.- for a bottle of water.
In summary, it's nothing special but a comfortable, solid option if for some reason you need to stay in the area, and if somebody else is paying the bill. Otherwise, for this kind of money, you can have a real special stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the Hilton Northampton hotel adjacent to Junction 15 of the M1 Motorway and only 20 minutes from Silverstone Formula 1 racing circuit. Enjoy the convenient location just ten minutes’ drive from Northampton town center and 20 minutes from Milton Keynes. Billing Aquadrome is 15 minutes’ drive away and London Luton Airport (LTN) is 40 minutes away. Keep fit in the fully equipped Livingwell Health Club or swim laps of the 18-meter indoor pool - the largest pool in Northamptonshire. Dine on international cuisine at the Hilton Northampton hotel's Seasons Restaurant. Relax with a pre-dinner drink in the Court Bar overlooking the central courtyard area and savor a morning coffee in Caffè Cino. All Hilton Northampton hotel accommodations have high-speed internet access. The hotel has 13 meeting rooms for 10-300, a business center and WiFi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Northampton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Northampton Hotel Northampton
- Hilton International Northampton
- Northampton Hilton International