“Fantastic flavours, friendly service”
Review of Chata Cottage Inn

Chata Cottage Inn
Ranked #6 of 563 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: European, Polish, Eastern European, Central European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I really like this restaurant with its heavy rustic wooden furniture and seasonally adjusted decoration. Today it was an autumnal theme.

This was another great dinner with friendly service. Two of us had Polish sausage with salad as a starter, served with a little salad, bread, mustard and ketchup – beautiful. I followed with beef rolls – Polish pickles rolled with thin beef in great gravy with Silesian dumplings and a beautifully presented salad. This was a really tasty and well-presented dinner. Dessert for me was a slice of apple pie with ice-cream. This too was tasty, full of apple and well presented.

And it’s not pricey either …

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant regularly for several years due to the quality of the meals; their presentation as well as taste, the value for money and the fact that everything is prepared freshly in a very competent little kitchen. The staff are very friendly, care is taken to change the decor to suit the time or season of the year and their ladies loo is a joy to visit - other Northampton businesses serving food should all visit it and take note!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Chata was the venue for our Wedding Reception a year ago, and I chose it for our anniversary meal.
We went as a family, my Wife, myself and my 2 children. We were greeted by Dorota the owner, and our waitress for the evening was Angelika. As a surprise they had decorated a table for us that looked great, including a big red heart balloon and a handwritten card, which I thought a lovely touch.
We were made to feel so welcome and relaxed. Staff are so friendly, and there's a very homely atmosphere. My daughter requires a gluten free diet, and this was no problem at all.
All our food was served without long waits, and if you have any questions about the menu, they will take time to explain and describe.
Now the food - My wife cooks Polish food very well, but we both agree that the cuisine at Chata Restaurant is 1st Class! So tasty and fresh, and the presentation makes the dishes almost too good to eat.
I would recommend Chata to any one, for a couple, or family, or a bigger party of family and friends. Can't wait to go back! Dziekuje Bardzo, James i Marta.

3  Thank James1975000
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Me and my Fiance went here a while back and It is a nice place with Nice friendly staff, really nice food but not cheap. Definately give it a go people..I don't think you would be regret it :)

1  Thank Ash T
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have come to Northampton for work for years, but never noticed this restaurant. Visited at 6 on a Sunday. What can I say, except it's wonderful! Forget those boring chain restaurants further up the road. The waitress was most professional, polite and efficient and quietly friendly. The service was top-notch regarding help and timing. The food arrived promptly, and was absolutely delicious and beautifully presented. There was a good drinks list, and a separate children's menu. Prices were fair and definitely worth it. The room was as if eating in a rustic tavern, very sweet. The other customers were relaxed and obviously enjoying the atmosphere. I absolutely loved this place, and will come again as soon as possible!

1  Thank stringal