“Food faultless, service.... well... :/”
Review of Felix Yu - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Felix Yu
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You have already listed this restaurant, but you have it down as being in America - it is actually in Northampton in the UK, please amend.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As with a number of restaurants, Felix Yu could benefit from a few little tweaks, which would turn a potentially fabulous restaurant into the shining-example of excellent Chinese cuisine that it could so easily become!

The restaurant is well set-out, with tables being distanced reasonably well from eachother and of a very lavish size (no feelings of being cramped here!). The menu choice is very good, but a few changes to the menu after a good couple of years would be a welcome idea.

The food is always excellent and that's why I'd rate its food the best 'chinese' in the area, but the management need to realise that competent, polite members of staff are just as important as great food. My biggest pet-hate at restaurants is 'being interrupted',... it is rude, unnecessary and shows a complete lack of respect or thought for diners. On a number of occasions, I've had to ask the waiting staff to not be so rude and wait for me to finish my sentence to my other half before I'll answer whether I want a drink or not (sometimes whilst having a full glass of wine or whatever adjacent to my plate!). A little more finesse and manners would raise the overall experience of my visits from 'very good' to 'excellent' without a doubt. Well worth a visit, however!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The food was extremely good - just like eating in Beijing! We get take away from there too. Best Chinese food in town.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

The menu has the largest selection I have ever seen in any chinese restaurant. The food is always first class and the staff helpful and friendly. There is never a rush to vacate your table. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. Once you have tried it I doubt you will want to eat at any other chinese.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Was in for an Xmas meal. Service and food couldn't be better.

The whole venue is great.

I'll certainly be going back in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

We went as a group of friends after the theatre. I wasn't that keen to do Chinese thinking red food dye and gloop but the food here was gorgeous. Even usually sweet sticky dishes like the lemon chicken and sweet and sour were delicious. I didn't notice the lack of ambience as we brought our own. I can see that might be a problem if you were there for a romantic night out! The portions weren't huge. We had starters then chose a dish each to share and we absolutely cleared the table. Mind you the food was so good I'd have gone on eating all night I think. The bill comes with just a price on it - no break down and no comment about service charge. Try this restaurant for the quality of the food. Will definitely go back.