“Evening at Chillies”

Chillies Indian
Ranked #316 of 576 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Enjoy our exceptional fusion of Indian, Bangladeshi & English cuisine at Chillies Indian Restaurant, Northampton. Our main food attraction are Tandoori dishes, verities of Balti dishes, shashlik, karahi, fish, vegetable, curry dishes including mouthwatering English dishes. We are currently located here for contact-Clannell Road (Near TESCO) East Hunsbury Northampton NN4 0JF.
Reviewed January 14, 2017

I went here recently having last visited two years ago so I can relate to other reviewers regarding the service levels although on this occasion the staff were very good, the meal itself was very nice, I had Chicken Tikka Madras which was quite hot as a Madras should be, there was three of us and we were all very satisfied with our meals.

1  Thank PHIL B

Reviewed January 5, 2017

Booked a table for 14 people to celebrate in the New Year 2017. When booking clearly asked for a round or large square table and certainly not a long narrow table, this was a party. Arrived to find the longest table possible! Not what was promised. Spoke to the duty manager who clearly had no interest in the business who said that was the best he was prepared to do, take it or leave it. It was now 9.30pm what option did we have? We sat down and waited for 15 mins when we were asked if we were ready to order our meals, no drinks and 5 menus between 14 people. Service was very poor, food worse. While the restaurant was busy when we arrived it was starting to empty and nearly empty by 10.30. We booked later so we could see the new year in at the table with a few drinks. We left at 11.30 never to return. It could have been so good but ended up so bad. Why poor customer service and no effective management. Shame but there are plenty of Indian restaurants to choose from in Northampton so move on and strike Chillies from the list.

4  Thank Christopher R
Reviewed November 6, 2016

Nearly walked out, but it was late(ish) and we were hungry to we stayed.

It was 10 am and we'd just from a firework display, two of our friends had arrived first and were already seated, and when we arrived there wasn't a member of staff in sight, and it took our friends to call us so we knew where to sit.

The staff were very unwelcoming (when they saw us) and seemed more interested in the football on the TV than their guests (very hard to get hold of them to order drinks and food).

We had to get out own side plates off the next table!

No music, no heating (I could see my own breath!), no ambiance.

Will not be returning.

1  Thank cory186349
Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

I like the food here. The tadoor dishes was full of flavours. Had a jalfrezi that was probably one of the best I have had, plenty of green chilli.. Just like I want it.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

The customer service was the main out line of my trip to Chillies but the food was really good as they a lot to chose from the menu. I would be going there more often when am around Northampton.