“Great food great service fantastic atmosphere”
Review of Les Olives

Les Olives
Reserve with OpenTable
Les Olives is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 534 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Been again there last weekend and the menu has changed since last time I was there with a few new dishes added there, so we went for new dishes and all I can say was delicious absolutely amazing me n my girlfriend was thinking how comes we managed this long without coming here lol anyway if u havent been at les olives you defenitely missing out thank you les olives for the great food

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Generally good tapas food, with lots of choice, but delivered well. Slow cooked belly of pork was, well, slow - arrived 15 minutes after the rest and wasn't as juicy or as crisp as hoped. Overall food was good though.

Service - very hit & miss, claimed to be down on staff, but brought the wrong (more expensive !) wine, and not very attentitive in generally with bringing menus, taking orders etc.

I'd give the benefit of the doubt and go back though

2  Thank Waldea
lesolives, Owner at Les Olives, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Hello, Thank you for leaving a reviw about us, and I am realy sorry that you were not happy with the service, but as a holliday season I do admit we had a cupple of our sttaf went on holliday so we where short of staff on that night and I do realy apologise about the wine brought wrong to your table (but be asure non of our staff does bring a more expensive wine that you asked for in purpes be asure of that)
I will hope to see you again and I will Asure you that the service will be to the downto the teeth.
Because thats what we are all about Costumer allways first, and we do practise that very much so.

Alex

Reviewed June 23, 2011

Just back from a fantastic meal at Les Olives, celebrating me and my brother's birthday. Firstly, the choice on the menu was really good - we are each quite fussy, but there was plenty on there to keep us all happy and the tapas format meant we could all have a bit of what we fancied. My Dad is a pescatarian and the choice of fish and vegetarian dishes was superb.

The wine list was very fitting for the venue and we plumped for a very smooth drinking, fruit driven tempranillo at an excellent price that flowed perfectly with the tomato based spanish dishes.

The food arrived promptly, with the belly pork taking slightly longer than the rest of the food, but this was not a problem as we had plenty of other delicious food to keep us occupied. In a way it was actually nice to have food arrive hot and fresh as it was prepared. It was all delicious - we went for 10 dishes between 4 of us and were absolutely stuffed by the end of it. The swordfish and the chicken livers were particularly good. It was obvious that all the food was really fresh, and the owner assured us of this when he came up to chat with us as we were waiting for desert.

Deserts were also delicious and home made, the rice pudding being very delicately spiced with cardamom.

The bill for four, including wine, beer, desert, sweet wine, and tip, was under £100 for four. Excellent value.

We were served by a charming Spanish lady from near Benidorm who gave us excellent service, as did the owner himself. It is a real hidden gem on Northampton's dining scene which I can't recommend highly enough. A perfect birthday night out.

2  Thank TrishScurfield
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Les Olives is a great little restaurant in the middle if Northampton. I was surprised that it was not busier on a Friday night but the atmosphere was still good. Attentive friendly service is the order of the day. There is a really good selection of meat, fish and vegiterean dishes, the chorizo dishes were a particular highlight as were the salads. 2 dishes per person plus bread (priced £5-6) was plenty and wine list very reasonable, including the dessert wine. Complimentary brandies all round finished off an extremely pleasant evening. Hope to go back soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2011

I have always used Tripadvisor to check places out, but never signed up to it to give a good review, despite having been pleased with service before and pledging to, so the fact I'm bothering to write this says something about this restaurant.

The food is excellent makes you want to taste every last piece, a nice and very authentic ambience, and good service. 5 tapas and a bottle of wine cost £45 so not the cheapest tapas we've been to, but by no means expensive, just very good value.

Don't hesitate to go if you like authentic Spanish food.