“Good value food and friendly service”
Review of Billing Mill

Billing Mill
Ranked #7 of 66 Quick Bites in Northampton
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to The Billing Mill twice last week for lunch - both times the food was lovely and very good value. Once was with my elderly parents who had the 2 course OAP special - lots of food and great value. The staff were VERY kind and polite with my parents. I got a voucher to return which I used as a treat with my husband, again the food was great. Special shout out to Sophie on the bar and Letsy the waitress, they were both so friendly. Also to the manager on 16/8/19 who was working his socks off to keep tables clear and orders coming.

Date of visit: August 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Billing Mill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

U526gclouisew, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review!

Write a reviewReviews (577)

Reviewed August 6, 2019

Have been using the Mill for several years and have generally been satisfied with the service and cleanliness of the outdoor eating arrangements, but during the past few months the standards of both have been very poor. The tables were not wiped clean from previous diners and I had to ask on each visit over the past Month for them to be cleaned. Our last visit on Sunday 4th of August resulted in me and my party having to ask for a refund on our order as we were told after we ordered and paid for Sunday lunch that there was a 20 minute wait for meals to be served , which we accepted. After waiting 50 minutes for our meal I asked the waitress where our meal was and was told it would be about 10 minutes, totally unacceptable. We will not be returning to the Mill until there is a change of Management who know how to treat loyal customers

Date of visit: August 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Billing Mill, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Hi Soulfinger, I'd really appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your experience, if you have a spare moment please could you get in touch 01604 415059

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Visited on Monday 5th August, 4 adults and 2 children.
Menu very good, lots of choice and great prices.
Problem was there was just one lady, working very hard, behind the bar and there was lots of people waiting to order drinks and food.
When I asked the only waitress if someone else could help out at the bar she replied "There is only the two of us working today"..... Greene King, I would expect better!
Our lunch was very good and the children enjoyed the soft play area.
We would return again, but hope there will be more staff available at busy times.

Date of visit: August 2019

Hello Steveclarke, thank you; we appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed August 6, 2019

2 pub classics for £10.99 is great value with a vegan, vegetarian and gluten free menu as well as a children's menu. Huge place with indoor and outdoor children's play areas.
Really good value for money. Lovely setting and plenty of parking.

Date of visit: August 2019
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Billing Mill, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Hi Alan E, great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our pub. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 4, 2019

Carvery ran out of veg so had to wait in the que about 20mins for the veg and gravy to arrive. The chef was told to stop carving due to the amount of people waiting in the que
Table was not ready when we arrived even though we had pre booked. We had to ask where 3 of our guests dinners were as been waiting for over half an hour.

Date of visit: July 2019
Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Greene_K1ng, Manager at Billing Mill, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2019

I’m really sorry we don’t have carvery deck. Would this have been for the Quays. I’d like to apologise for the service you received either way.