“Best restaurant in Northampton”
Review of Thai Nam Tip

Thai Nam Tip
Ranked #166 of 549 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Northampton is not a food lover's paradise, but the Thai Nam Tip serves excellent, authentic Thai food. Everything is freshly cooked and perfectly spiced. If you are a vegetarian, as we are, there is a very good range of dishes to choose from and the chef will gladly alter your dish to suit your needs. For example, I requested that the coriander be omitted from the soup, and this was done without fuss.
Overall, the restaurant has been very good value (considering the high quality of the the food) every time we have visited it.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised by the food in this establishment. Having returned from a visit to New York where we ate a great deal of brilliant thai food, my friend and I found ourselves saddened by the lack of decent east asian food in Northampton.
This place easily makes up for all the bad east asian food in the town. It was easily one of the best thai meals I have ever had. The service was prompt and very pleasant. The food was absolutely delicious. We had sea bass and a curry and I could not have criticised it at all.
I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is keen of east asian food.
I did not even know this place existed until a google search came up with it. It is not on a main road so unless you heard about if from someone you probably would never have seen it.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Thai Nam Tip is an excellent choice for an intimate family celebration. The food is authentic Thai cuisine done to a very high standard, very much above the standard takeaway fare provided by many Indian and Chinese establishments. The restaurant is small but cosy, the decor is simple and this adds to the family friendly atmosphere. Most importantly you know that you have your table for the evening and there is no sense of being rushed which happens in some places.
Altogether a memorable evening, highly recommended.

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant after My daughters partner arranged a meal for 10 in celebration of her birthday. We had never heard of this eating house and had never seen it as its not on a Main Street. From outside, my husband and I were not impressed & expectations were low, BUT what a pleasant surprise. Although the decor is basic the food was not. It was tasty and well presented. The service was friendly and fairly attentive. Owned, I believe by an English man and his Thai wife (the chef), this establishment definitely deserves a second visit. Ideal for a quite tete-a-tete, meal with friends or a group booking. This small and beju restaurant comes strongly recommended but with no heirs and graces!

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I've visited this place a few times now. Amazing and authentic food. Lovely cosy atmosphere and knowlegable and friendly staff. Cannot fault this place and would highly recommend it