“Great Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 23, 2013

The food here is excellent. What amazes me is the tastes the chef creates. I have never been disappointed having eaten here a number of times.

Having been to Thailand a number of times the food served here is the most authentic I have found in the many different Thai restaurants I have eaten at in England.

The décor is basic, however if you go for the food this is an ideal place.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very few Thai restaurants in Northampton. This is very small and quite well hidden, but the food is lovely. The food simple calssic Thai

2  Thank tcichris
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Booked this as a result of Trip Advisor reviews. I have not been to Thailand and so cannot comment on its authenticity but would say it is one of the best Thai meals I have had in the UK. Menu offers a good and varied choice including choices I have not seen before in a Thai restaurant. All cooked very well. Service was excellent (I think it was the owner). Price is reasonable considering the standard of food offered. Definite return visit on the cards.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

After reading all the reviews we thought we would give this place a try. The host was most welcoming and the menu looked excellent, unfortunately the food didn't live up to the standards that we had read on this site. Starters were great however the mains were missing ingredients that were detailed on the menu and overall turned out bland. Having been and lived in Thailand we were disappointed. Saying this the place is a good stop off if you need a quick bite to eat and is very hospitable. It's ok !!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My partner and I have been going to Thai Nam Tip for over a year at least twice a month and can't fault the service or food. We especially recommend the Tom Yam Chicken soup. We have never been disappointed apart from when it is fully booked and we cannot get a table! It is usually busier at the weekends so book in advance. Compared to some of the other restaurants we go to, I would say it is fairly well priced for Northampton - we have three courses and drinks and it comes out at around £55