“Nice surrounding and good food”

Greens Restaurant - Northampton
Reserve with OpenTable
Greens Restaurant - Northampton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #275 of 533 Restaurants in Northampton
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Greens Restaurant is in the heart of Collingtree Park, situated on the Collingtree Park Golf Course. Boasting its new Head Chef and Menu, Greens presents some of the finest dining in the Northampton area.
Reviewed June 17, 2012

As usual for golf' restaurant, the place is cozy and the food is good. It as a bit noisy last time we went there because some ladies were celebrating their birthday but that can happen anywhere ! Food is classical and well served. Price are average.

There are newer reviews for Greens Restaurant - Northampton

Reviewed May 5, 2012

On my first visit to Green's I expected a good meal and pleasant restaurant. My expectations were more than met. My friends and I were greeted in a friendly manner and quickly given menus and drink orders taken while we waited for other friends to arrive. The surrounding were very nice with lovely views over the Golf Course. We chose the two course meal with a good selection on the menu. Each meal was very well presented and equally tasty and enjoyable. If I looked for any complaint I did have to wait for my glass of tap water needing to repeat the request.

1  Thank GangstaGranny
Reviewed March 16, 2012

food, service was excellent I will definately back again with my family.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I and my wife and friends have eaten at Greens several times over the past two years and can recommend it to anyone who likes to be served their food at the table. The food has always been excellent, the staff friendly and courteous.
We also enjoy the views over the 18th hole of Collintree Golf club and look out for the resident wildlife that abounds round the lake guarding the green.
The menu changes regularly and in all the times we have eaten there have not been disappointed.
Tip. Bring a doggie bag or if you have a dog/cat ask the staff to wrap the left overs to take home. They are always ready to oblige.
On special occasions it is always a good idea to book well in advance.

2  Thank Superbadrun
Reviewed February 22, 2012

First let me say that we have been to this restaurant many times since it opened, and have never had a poor experience like we encountered this last Saturday evening. To make matters worse we had friends with us for what should have been a celebratory evening.
We had booked a table for 08.30pm and arrived just beforehand. The restaurant wasn't particulary busy. We were quickly ushered to the lounge area and presented with a dinner menu and wine list, and asked for our drinks order, so far so good. Our drinks appeared quickly and we were shown our table around 8.45pm. Our starters arrived which were nicely presented, pity we had to ask for the butter and some more bread, none the less they tasted nice. We had ordered 3 ( one rare & 2 med rare) fillet steaks and one chicken dish, with a selection of roasted vegetables, all the meals came out, the chicken dish was fine as was one of the fillet steaks(rare), the other two however were overcooked, we politely asked the waitress to return them to the kitchen and bring us what we had asked for along with some hot rather than cool vegetables. Some time later we got another 2 steaks one was ok but the other one was tough and had a lot of sinew casing left on it making it quite inedible, we once againg asked for the dish to be returned, by this time the other 2 persons had finished their meal, another was tucking in, and I still had none and it was now some 2 hours after we had sat at the table, the waitress looked crest fallen at this plate which was going back for the third time. I stated quite clearly that I was dissapointed and didn't want another steak, we agreed that I would try the chicken instead. The chef came out and was most apologetic but by this time i really didnt have much of an appetite left, plus the fact that we were'nt eating together. The chef said about having a dessert and again offered his apologies. We ate a dessert as we were hungry and trying to make the best of a very poor eating exerience. The chef offered me a free dinner next time I went there, and agreed with me that they had changed their supplier. This however does not make up for a spoiled evening.

3  Thank jules3158