“Amazing Food, Amazing Service, Amazing Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Sacrebleu - CLOSED

Le Sacrebleu
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food, Amazing Service, Amazing Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

I recently went to Le Sacrebleu for a Birthday meal with a large group of friend and I have to say the whole experience was fantastic!! Hamid, the owner and host, went through a lot of effort to make sure our night was a success and it was just perfect. The food was delicious, with fantastic sauces to go with everything we ordered and the steak was an especial favourite. The waiting staff was also lovely and was very attentive to our every need.

You would be crazy not to love this Restaurant

4 Thank Yas S

Nicosia, Cyprus
“Perfect customer service, food not what expected!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hi i went today to Le Sacreblau with a big group for dinner.When i first saw the interior ,i was shocked at the appearance i thought it would be bigger.It's on the small side but i thought give it a chance let the food do the talking because it looked quite promising on the menu!I had the mushrooms starter which was okay the mushrooms when a little bit on the small side but oh well.The dressing on the salad was horrible it was so overpowering that i coughed a few times so i stayed away from that!So i had high expectations of my main.I ordered the fillet mignon which was served with veggies ,dauphinoise potatoes and a red sauce. Right were do i begin hold your breath !The fillet wasn't actually a fillet it was small pieces of meat the kind that you would find in a kebab only flatter!!The dauphinoise where good but overpowering with garlic and as for sauce there wasn't any.There was just the juices from the meat which wasn't very moist anyway last but not least dessert.I had the chocolate tart it was beautifully presented but i thought mmm. that is quite small slice when i had a bit i knew why.That tart was so overwhelmingly sweet i had trouble finishing it!And mind you i have a sweet tooth!
So long story short the service was excellent really paying attention to the customer and their needs but avoid these dishes at all costs!!!!

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Great food, friendly host, long evenings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

About 13 years ago, a friend and I accidentally discovered Sacre Bleu when looking for somewhere different to eat on a damp St. Patrick's Day in Northampton. Previously a disco/nightclub, the transformation undertaken by the owner, Hamid Guerna, resulted in a small bistro restaurant with a decidely quirky decor - take your time to look at the frog paintings on the walls. The low beams and not-square walls are a result of the building being Grade II listed and therefore Hamid was restricted in the changes he could affect to the property.

Originally opened as a creperie, the menu at Sacre Bleu has evolved over the years into a compact choice of stunning dishes, complemented by a varied wine list. Over the past 13 years I have taken friends there for birthdays, anniversaries, or just for a night out without having to think about cooking, and neither I nor any of my friends have experienced anything other than a relaxed evening, with fabulous food and good wines.

Last night I took a friend and his new partner, who has a finnicky palate, to dinner and once again Sacre Bleu rose to the occasion. If you have particular dislikes (or allergies) check with Hamid before ordering to make sure you won't be disappointed.

From the French Onion Soup to the Snails Bourguignonne there is something for every palate in the starters and the main dishes do not disappoint. Everything is prepared on the premises and freshly cooked, hence the request on the menu to allow 10-15 minutes for some dishes.

I can vouch for the Magret de Canard au Cointreau and my guests were not disappointed by their choice of main dishes - the Châteaubriand with Cognac and Black Pepper sauce and the Fillet Mignon with a sauce Gourmande drew positive comments amidst much lip-smacking; nor were there any complaints about the desserts. Because of the drink driving laws we did not have any wine with our meal, although Hamid did press us to have a small digestif with our dessert.

Unlike many modern restaurants, Sacre Bleu is not a conveyor belt establishment. Similar to most small bistros in France, you are welcomed into the owner's 'home from home' and encouraged to relax and enjoy a slower pace of eating. Take the time to savour the subtle flavours in each dish and have a conversation between courses to allow the digestion to accommodate what you have just consumed. If you want to eat and go in 30 minutes or less then consider other well-known fast food outlets. Sacre Bleu will entice you into a long-term love affair with fine cuisine. Since my job forced me to move to Ireland, I grab at any and every chance to visit Sacre Bleu.

5 Thank David K
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Tres Bien”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

We visited here on 16th June and originally had to move our booking from 7:45 to 8:30 due to the baby sitter and we still arrived 10 minutes late. This did not phase the restaurant who accommodated us perfectly and made us feel very welcome

We had reviewed the menu and prices before booking so knew that we would find food on the menu that we would like although as the food here is clearly prepared fresh to order we were aware there may be changes on the day but we were happy to find all our dishes were available.

The service was very personal and from the minute you enter the building there is a warm and relaxed feeling.

We have a 9 month old son so getting an evening away can be rare, so it’s even more pleasing when your evening plans end in success.

The food was fantastic and each dish was explained when ordering so we knew exactly what was arriving because I know at some other fine dinging restaurants you order what appears straight forward food and end up with the chef’s interpretation not the case here. The menu does not cover multiple pages which I guess means that the chef can focus on producing the best of what he has which really showed in our dishes.

We both had the goat’s cheese on toast starter 10/10 and then moved onto mains and desert with wine. Neither my partner nor I drink much so to find most wines were available to order in 1/2 bottles was appreciated.

I had the duck main which was great and my partner had the sea bass. Following this up with cheese deserts and we had the perfect 3 courses

The owner takes the orders direct himself and oozes pride in his establishment. Whilst it means a few extra minutes wait for ordering I can assure you it makes a massive difference to have a single smiling face throughout the meal rather than trying to grab the nearest server girl who's sees you only as 'table 2'

We utilise trip advisor often but do not always contribute but this experience propelled us to post.

You will not be disappointed and the price for the evening for the food, service and overall experience was just right.

We will definatelly return....

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Michael S
Northampton
“Fantastic birthday venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

Sacrebleu was selected for a significant birthday event.Hamed was attentive to arrangements for the party of 11, and once again excellent service and 'personality' were the magic ingredients. Wonderful food, happy guests and a reasonable bill to boot. As before, Sacrebleu delivers.

5 Thank Ardara24