“Good value for money”

Hotel Campanile Northampton
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Overall, we enjoyed the stay but felt unlucky to have been allocated a room close to reception meaning a few disturbances in the early morning. Request a quiet room and you'll enjoy a pleasant stay providing good value for money. The inclusive continental breakfast was good and although the facilities were basic, the location and price make it worth a return booking.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
CampaNG, General Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review of our hotel. Your word are extremely encouraging and at the same time very constructive, helping us to offer our service quality.

I've noted your comment about the allocation of your room at the reception end of the corridor. as you have already highlighted and I would also strongly suggest that when you ring us next to make your booking, please feel free to ask for a room at the end of the corridor.

However, I am glad that you had a pleasant stay otherwise and I thank you once again for your constructive feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's good value but I didn't get it as cheap as some of the other reviews.

Pros: Clean room, bed comfortable, decent sized room for one/two but would be cramped as a family room. Close to motorway but no traffic noise. Quick check in and out.

Cons; Campanile need to go back to whoever designed and constructed the building and get them to sort out the sound proofing - every time someone walks along the corridor or in the room above the floors creak loudly and the sound carries to point of waking you up.

Pillows could be better and I would have liked a proper shower rather than an over bath shower.

And please stop trying to sell me breakfast or an evening meal at check in. I would ask if I wanted them.

This is neither pro or con but for information - the only additions in the room are soap and shower gel from dispensers and tea/coffee making facilities. No hairdryer, no ironing board, limited hanging space but guess that goes with the budget. Didn't try the food.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
CampaNG, General Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

I've noted your comment about the non availability of items such as hair dryer, iron etc. Please note that all such amenities are available at our reception desk and there is a sticker in our bedroom wardrobes too which highlight the same . All our guests have to do is ring and ask the reception desk from their respective bedroom phones and one of our staff shall promptly deliver such items for you. We aim to please all our guests through our offerings and our excellent customer service.

I was also concerned with your comment that the reception team was trying to sell you the breakfast and evening meal. It's our usual practice to make all our guests aware of our services and offer to book a table for dinner as our restaurant does get really busy. This is only to save our guests from waiting to be seated and served at the busier times.

It's disappointing that we seemed to have failed in our attempt to make your last stay comfortable & satisfying, but I do sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you and I would highly recommend that you dine in our restaurant in your next visit as our food is fresh and all items are seasonal produce.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback and the team and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed here Saturday 11th May and Sunday 12th. The hotel is within a quiet industrial estate and is just off J15 on the M1 making it ideally located for trips to Silverstone, Milton Keynes or Northampton.

Check in was quick and the receptionist couldn't have been more polite. The room was far better than I have any right to expect with a pristine bathroom and a comfortable bed.

I have stayed in Campaniles in both Liverpool and Glasgow and whilst they were fine, this one was a class above. According to the receptionist, this one is their flagship hotel.

Didn't try the food as we had other plans but it looked fairly good.

Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CampaNG, General Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a positive and encouraging review and also thank you for being so loyal to our brand.

I'm really glad that your stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. During your next visit I would highly recommend our restaurant as our food is seasonal, fresh and very popular with all the hotel guests.

Thank you once again for your kind words and the team and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed one night on a business trip, and having not stayed at this brand before I did not know what to expect. Reception was speedy, helpful and could not have been improved. The room was great with very comfortable King size bed (or was it Queen size). The bathroom had a wet room type shower, so no tripping over the ledge to get in or out. The only small failure was the sink plug raising / lowering mechanism which did not work, so back to manual to drain the water.
The open plan reception / dining area was a bit echoy but I could not fault the food or service. Overall excellent. This is a chain I will definately use again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a positive and encouraging review. It's always a joy to have new guests like yourself staying with us and have a great experience.

I'm really glad that your stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. However, I was concerned to read about your comment about the sink plug. Hence, I have now passed your comments onto our head housekeeper for investigation. Can I also politely advise that in the future should you face any such issues at the hotel, please let the reception know so we can sort out the issue asap to make your stay even more comfortable.

Thank you once again for your constructive words and the team and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Have stayed here twice and both times found it excellent value. Stayed over in May before a training event at the hotel.
The hotel is a minute's drive off of M1 junction 15 but there is no traffic noise.
Cost just £29.99 including continental breakfast, plus £2.75 to upgrade to cooked breakfast, all of which is excellent.
Staff are friendly and efficient and the bar more than adequate for an overnight stay with Sky Sports showing.
Rooms are very comfortable and a reasonable size.
Would recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spent a night here in April and was very impressed with our stay. The room was spotlessly clean and very quiet. Breakfast very good value and lots of choice. Our first stay with this group but certainly not our last.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I'm really glad that your stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. Our restaurant offerings (dinner or breakfast) are always very popular amongst all our guests. We do pride ourselves in offering facilities which are excellent value for money and it's good to know that you have recognised our efforts.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is new and in great working order the rooms are very clean and the beds are great, the food in the restaurant is first class and i can only say if your considering this one or the holiday in over the road you will be picking the right one if you stay here, i travel every week and stay over in hotels once or twice a week and would travel out of my way to stay here, i hope this helps and i think the hotel i great.

One thing i would say is that they should put the price up and include breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a positive and encouraging review.

I'm really glad that your stay was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. It's good to know that you dined with us and enjoyed the service and the food. Our restaurant offerings (dinner or breakfast) are always very popular amongst all our guests and I'm sure that your positive feedback would encourage all our future guests to dine with us too.