“Best value hotel in Northampton area!”

Hotel Campanile Northampton
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Northampton
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for one night while over watching Ulster rugby team "stuff" Northampton in Heineken cup!
It was my first time staying in this hotel as I have used quite a few hotels in the Northampton area over the past 10 years.
Cutting through the waffle, I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Situated right at J15 of M1 it is an ideal stop over for business travellers and holidaymakers using the M1
Modern, spotlessly clean, good size rooms with excellent bathroom/shower.
I was charged £29 B&B (with continental breakfast) but upgraded to a cooked breakfast for £2.75.
Superb. Hopefully I'll get an opportunity to come back.

Room Tip: All rooms standard, no advantage to be gained.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
CampaNG, General Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent review. Feedback from all our guests is of great value to us and always helps us to continuously improve our service levels. Thank you once again for such a positive note!

I am really glad that you booked your stay using our winter offer. The price indeed is exceptionally good and as you rightly mentioned, by far the best offer in the area.

We would be delighted to welcome you once again in the near future. In the mean time the whole team at the hotel wishes you and your family a great Christmas and an even better New Year.

Best Regards

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Selected this hotel for Sunday Nov 18th after browsing other budget type hotels in the area. Very easy to find and after reading another comment about noise, I specifically asked for a 'quiet' room. Got this at the end of the corridor on the 2nd floor but the hotel WAS quiet that evening anyway.
Room was absolutely fine although a hair drier had to be asked for(not standard in the room) and no tumblers/ plastic glasses in the bathroom either.
Breakfast was more than adequate, a good and varied selection, and I paid an extra 2.75 (or something very similar) to have the cooked food as well as the included continental food. In hindsight, could have easily managed without this as there were boiled eggs/cheeses/meats, which I like. Interestingly, whilst I was getting some more coffee, my hot food arrived without anyone telling me, which I thought rather strange.
The hotel restaurant was closed and I had been looking forward to eating there but I went over to The Harvester, about 2 mins away, which was fine.
Got a good deal, much less than advertised on the main Campanile page and will certainly look at staying with this group again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
CampaNG, Manager at Hotel Campanile Northampton, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review of the hotel. We are a very proud high end three star hotel and always try our best to operate at 4 start service levels. Your detailed review is very much appreciated. Of course, your constructive feedback regarding our Breakfast service would be passed on to the relevant department head and I personally would make sure that all your expectations are met in your next visit.

We hope you have a safe trip on all your future travels, and if you find yourself in the Northampton area again in the future, we would love the opportunity to serve you once more. Thanks you once again for choosing us as your preferred hotel.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I have stayed here one night on a business trip. The hotel is new and the rooms are clean and fresh. The beds are good, The dinner was better than I would have expected from a hotel like this, but the breakfast (which was included in the rate) was a bit of a disappointment. Nevertheless I can recommend this hotel for a business trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review of the hotel. We are a very proud high end three star hotel and always try our best to operate at 4 start service levels. Hence, I'm rather concerned with your breakfast experience at the hotel which by the sounds of it wasn't to your expectations.

Let me start by apologising for the above. Also, I would appreciate if you would kindly contact me directly at the hotel to discuss your concerns so I can ensure we improve for all your future visits. We do try to keep our breakfast offerings according to all our guests' taste.

Your detailed review is also very much appreciated. Of course, your constructive feedback regarding our Breakfast offering would be passed on to the relevant department head.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Fairly newish Hotel, very clean but very noisy! Our room was close to a fire door and I think the number of loud 'slams' I heard each day/night was excessive. Kept me awake at night and I could smell cigarette smoke from somewhere. The walls seemed to be thin as I could hear talking etc in the next room. The window lock was practically hanging off - which I reported but nothing was done. Some of the lights in our room didn't work. Free wi-fi. The TV was modern but only had restricted number of channels and NO RADIO! How was I going to listen to SOTS on Saturday morning? Asked why no radio and was told there were TV channels to watch - I really didn't get the connection???? Boasted (in the literature) of having newspapers but when I asked said 'No'. Room was not prepared for two (only one towel and only one pillow each) and they don't do hand towels at all! Apart from all this, at least they had free parking outside and a small coffee lounge. Didn't try thr Restaurant as 'The Harvester' was on the same complex and cheaper. Next time I will ask for a room away from all the 'comings and goings' with no fire door nearby! At least the price was okay and the location good for the M1 and everyone else who has left a comment seems to think it's okay

Room Tip: Keep away from fire doors without 'soft closures' and if you want quiet then ask for a room...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank June Y

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review of the hotel. We are a very proud high end three star hotel and always try our best to operate at 4 start service levels. Hence, I'm rather concerned with your comments about your experience at the hotel.

Let me start by apologising for the above. As for the newspapers, we do have the newspapers available in our lounge and you're more than welcome to sit in our lounge and use that service. Also, you're right in commenting that whilst visiting us next time, you would ask for the room at the end of the corridor. They do tend to be the quietest rooms. We do offer a radio channel in the room but I am sure you understand that we are unable to offer detailed list of radio channels to suit every guest's expectations.

Thanks you once again for choosing us as your preferred hotel. We hope you have a safe trip on all your future travels, and if you find yourself in the Northampton area again in the future, we would love the opportunity to serve you once more.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Having stopped here a number of times over the past 4 years whilst attending motor bike racing at Silverstone we have always been well looked after by a friendly Campanile team. The rooms are very comfortable with lovely walk in showers on the first and third floors. We always request one of these rooms and they always oblige. Their is a breakfast choice of continental and full English which we usually have to keep us going for the days racing. There is free wifi but it is very intermittent. sitting in reception gets the best signal. We've only eaten in the hotel once for dinner and was disappointed as it seemed to be someone reheating already per-prepared food. It wasn't cooked fresh. As I've spent years in the catering trade I know the difference in fresh and 'ready meals'!! Overall though, the hotel is clean, friendly and welcoming and the staff can't do enough to make your stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: No fitness or swimming pool. Choose a room on the first on third floor for the walkin showers. Secon...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn N

Dear Guest,

Let me start by apologising for the above but also thank you for staying with us on several occasions. It's the repeat business such as yours that makes us successful and the constructive criticism like yours give us an opportunity to continuously improve.

Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Excellent hotel and great value. Budget price but the quality is very high and the hotel is nice and new. Will definitely stay again. Only bad thing is that people can't park properly at this hotel for some reason and end up taking 2 spaces, which can cause limited parking. Not really the hotel's fault though.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I probably stay once a week on business. The hotel is great value, the staff are friendly and the food is varied and well presented. The furnishings are modern and wi-fi is free. Clearly some hotels offer more but not at this price, not a chance. Excellent hotel and when in Northampton i dont see why you would stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a wet room, unless you prefer a bath.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business