“Terrible Attitude By The Manager”

Streetfood by F.Rocks
Order Online
Ranked #118 of 640 Restaurants in Northampton
Description: A trendy street food pop-up restaurant for the foodie in mind. A casual place to eat street food from around the world, have some beer or a cocktail, socialise and enjoy the art and the vibe. Open for dinner. Not fine dining, but streetfood, Music, Art & Merrymaking.
Reviewed March 9, 2019 via mobile

I booked a table for 9th March by email on 5th February and got confirmation. We arrived and were shown to our table. We ordered drinks and food which was delicious but as soon as we finished we were asked to leave as they had double booked. We explained we hadn’t finished our drinks and we were going to order more food. The next thing the waitress had been sent up by the manager asking for proof we had booked a table. It took about 5 minutes for me to find the email, I was beginning to feel very uncomfortable and stressed. When I eventually found it, the waitress took a photo of it and disappeared. In the meantime the table next to us left without paying because of the service. I asked to speak to the manager who came over and asked what our problem was, we had enjoyed the food, he couldn’t understand how uncomfortable we felt being asked to leave and prove we had booked a table. He was so rude and it was complete waste of time trying to speak to him. We have been to Foodies several time when it was in the Derngate but would never go again and would never recommend anyone to. It’s such a shame as the food is delicious and the two waitresses were doing their best under the circumstances and were lovely. It’s a shame the manger can ruin the whole place.

Date of visit: March 2019
4  Thank fionafrost21

Reviewed November 12, 2018 via mobile

Nice place with a fun concept in a nice part of the town centre. The service was good & the food was edible! Lots of food choices but perhaps a little too much.,

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

We went as a family of 4. There is nothing for children. Most of the food is pretty bland. The dishes are expensive. I think we should sum it up by saying we visited McDonald's afterwards. The dishes looked good. The staff were friendly. Being sat by the toilet wasn't a great experience.

Date of visit: October 2018
Foodies R, Public Relations Manager at Streetfood by F.Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

aaaand that’s your 2 star review of Mcdonalds LMAO
“This was our 2nd visit to this McDonalds, the first time was slow, but I thought maybe this was a one-off. But no, this time we ordered 2 McFlurrys and 1 Sundae, on the self-service till. We waited over 10 minutes for these. They work their way through the orders on the screen. This meant that we saw our ice-creams sat, melting as time went on. When we were called, I asked if I could pay separately for 3 flakes to go in the ice-cream. The lady said she wasn't sure as it wasn't on the till, so she needed to ask her Manager. Her Manager came over, looked at us and said "Yeah", like she was talking to someone who has just asked for free food, a piece of dirt. I asked this lady again for the flakes. she said "Yes, you can have them, I charge you 20p per a flake." I thought there was no way I could I didn't want them, not after being snapped at like that. 60p for 3 tiny flakes and a miserable service.”

Reviewed June 3, 2018

It has been a couple of years now since it opened and it is now only open in the evening, and still- cool place, cool food, cool guests, cool staff, cool music.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed June 1, 2018

I visited Foodies.rocks with a group of friends. The restaurant is nicely decorated and the bathroom is a marvel to look at. You order food by ticking off the plates you want. Each costs around £5 each, the food is unique and we found ourselves googling what some of the items were. The food comes out in a staggered pace, for example I had all my food arrive whilst my friend had one dish and the others came out after I had finished. The food is cooked to perfection and everything has a great unique taste. A lot of the items are healthy. The only problem is the portion size is very small and not worth the money. We left the restaurant after having 3 plates each and we all were still hungry. Please see below my pros and cons to Foodies.rocks

Pro's
Nice food,cooked to perfection.
It has a cool and great atmosphere inside the restaurant and it is decorated uniquely.
It is a great place to have a meal with friends and family.
It is a very healthy restaurant.
The staff were great and very helpful.

Con's
At £5 per dish It is expensive.
Portion size is terrible and really needs re thinking.

Summary
This is a nice place to try however I do not think I will be returning unless the size of the meals are changed.

Date of visit: May 2018