“Great Value”

Ranked #172 of 192 York B&B and Inns
Pacific City, Oregon
“Great Value”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My brother and I stayed here and thought it was great value. It was a large room with a view of the park. It was close to the center of town and we also walked there from the train station. Staff was very friendly and they held our luggage on the departure day until we were ready to leave on the train. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My sister & I decided to visit York for a couple days break & picked this guesthouse mainly for the distance into the centre of York & the fact that it had free off road parking! Always a bonus for us.
We were only a 10-15 minute walk to the centre which was ideal as it meant we could pop back to the guest house easily if we wanted to.
The food at breakfast was really delicious & cooked to order, the owners couldn't do enough for you & were all lovely.
The only thing we found a little annoying were the number of emergency vehicles that went by during the night which were quite loud due to needing the window open but that's no fault of the guesthouse, just unfortunate I guess but we Would absolutely without hesitation stay here again if we visit York in the future!!

• Stayed June 2012
Victorville, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This stop on our journey was a pleasant surprise. I wasnt expecting too much because the price was fairly reasonable. (Its includes free car parking and a full breakfast). I loved the feel of the place. Laid back casual & easy. Not perfect, but nice :)

It was very simple to find with our GPS, we were able to park and drop our things off and meet the very friendly owners. The location was perfect...a 10 minute walk to York Minster and shopping and we still had the serenity of a quiet neighborhood park setting when we got back. We had the large room up top and a great view of the park :)
Breakfast was well choreographed , cooked to order and served with a smile. I would definitely come here again. Thank you to the owners for the fine hospitality!

Room Tip: ask for the Park View!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle_Haley
blackpool
Reviewed July 22, 2012

we stayed at this guest house for 2 nights for our anniversary, we had a lovely time! we love york city and this guest house was a 10 minute walk from all the main areas. on site parking is real plus this close to york and for such a reasonable price! our room was small but adequate (it was only to sleep in after all) was clean throughout and breakfast was basic but tasty. choice of cereal and a full cooked breakfast just the right size. the owner was very friendly and seemed to run the place single handedly! i would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2012

What a lovley little B&B. Offers home comforts, close to the city centre and in a quiet location so you get a good kip! Clean rooms, excellent breakfasts. Couldnt ask for more!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natstarr
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Originally booked a room for two trips, but was contacted for the 1st to be told it had been canceled because of a fault on the website (about a week after I'd made the booking). This was okay because I'd booked so far ahead I could still find a room for that date. I kept the second booking. The stay itself was okay. The breakfast wasn't amazing, and the breakfast room itself was small and cramped.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank midenianscholar
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I booked a single room for this Saturday (16th June), and they called me today (14th June) to tell me that the room I had booked was in the top floor of the house and the roof had started leaking therefore they could not offer me the room anymore!

Now, I'm not one to call people liars, but i find this a little suspicious. What I actually believe happened is that they either overbooked, or given that I had booked a room for one night only, and a York race weekend usually requires a two night stay, there was a fault with the booking system on their website which didn't charge me for two nights, they realised this then decided to take their room back! Needless to say, I'm seriously p*$£&d off!

They did give me numbers to five other B&B's.....ALL FULLY BOOKED!

As it's a race weekend I have found it near impossible to book another room at such short notice as most require a two night minimum stay, therefore I have had to book a room at TRIPLE the cost!

SO THANKS PARK VIEW FOR SCREWING UP MY WEEKEND!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Natasha8683

Travelers are raving about these York hotels