“Great - Pasta - Lasagne”
Review of Bella Italia York

Bella Italia York
Ranked #98 of 909 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Within walking distance of the beautiful York Minster, Bella Italia provides the city of York with a delightful taste of Italy. Part of the well known Bella Italia restaurant group with outlets across the UK, this York branch represents the company well. Diners can choose from the well priced set menu featuring a good selection of Italian dishes to the extensive a la carte menu with its numerous pizza and pasta options such as the Pollo Piccantina pizza topped with sweet roasted peppers, onions, spicy chicken, smoked mozzarella and fresh chillies or the Penne Marco Polo - penne pasta with duck sautéed in a plum sauce. The all Italian wine list is always a winner and Peroni and Moretti take care of the beers.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Lovely meal, nice ambience, attentive and polite service. Very enjoyable. Not too busy (started meal at about 1.30pm). Recommended.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This restaurant is the one i seek out whichever town or city i am visiting, as i know that i am going to get a lovely meal that i thoroughly enjoy, and the service is always great and quick. spent my birthday at the bella italia in york city. there was quite a few of us girls so they quickly put together a few tables laid them again in minutes and we were seated in no time at all. as soon as we were seated the waiter came and ordered our drinks, food was served very quickly soon after ordering. no mistakes made either considering how many there was of us. no confusion just great service and great italian food.. the Rose. house wine is good too!!..definitely a must when visiting york city!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We chose to eat here because of the availability of gluten-free food, the reasonable prices, and the relatively informal atmosphere. I had a gluten-free four seasons pizza, which was really enjoyable. I later found out that the pizza bases are bought in (DS Foods frozen margherita pizza bases) - the waiter was quite frank with us about this. I thought it was a bit cheeky that they bought them in, but I suppose it gives a better guarantee of being gluten-free as it can be difficult to ensure this in a kitchen that uses wheat flour, and it was really tasty. I would visit again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife took me to this restaurant for fathers day.
I was pleased we had booked a table in advance as the restaurant was very busy. Thankfully we did not have to wait too long for our meal. The meal it's self was disappointing. we had a chicken pasta meal where we struggled to find the chicken.
This is the second time we have had a chicken pasta meal where the chicken is almost non existent.
We thought the first time we were unlucky but the second time we realised this was the norm.
Needless to say we will not be using this restaurant again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Called in on a Tuesday evening without booking but was accommodated. No mention of delays so ordered food and drinks. Drinks appeared quickly, starters subject to a slight delay but no real complaints. The problem was with the mains as we had to wait 1hour 20 mins. After about an hour we had an apology from a very pleasant waiter for the delay but still no food but we tried to make most of it by ordering more drinks hoping the food would be worth the wait. Alas no, I had ordered double Burger which was over cooked and dry when it arrived. The bun was crisped round the edges and the chips burnt. I normally politely complain when things are not right but for the first time in my life I decided there was so much to complain about that I really could not be bothered because We had wasted so much time already. I don't normally order burgers in an Italian restaurant but I thought it would be a safe order in a busy restaurant. Reading other reviews it appears we were unlucky with our experience but this is no consolation to us as it was a fairly expensive wasted night.