“Lucky 13???” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meltons Too - CLOSED

Meltons Too
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: On Walmgate, within moments of the city���s favourite tourist attractions, shops and sights, is Meltons Too. The sister restaurant of the critically acclaimed Meltons, Too is a larger, more laid back brasserie style affair. Set in an historic 17th Century building, the restaurant is full of character outside and in, where exposed brick walls and wooden floors are set with coloured chairs and wooden bistro tables. With a fresh, European flavour the menu uses regional and seasonal produce; offering brunches and lunches as well as dinner and a yummy selection of tapas for sharing. Meltons Too has been named the "best eating place of the year 2009" in the York tourism awards.
UK
“Lucky 13???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my third time of visiting this restaurant for a 'girlie' catch-up lunch. On this occasion we were seated upstairs and, initially, were the only occupied table. Plastic chairs are exceptionally uncomfortable! We opted for the 'Lucky 13' set lunch menu; £13 for 3 courses. Not a lot of choice and portions are small. My pork terrine starter was nicely presented but totally lacking flavour. The chocolate brownie was to die for. The staff were exceptionally obliging; realised that we were there for a chat so didn't rush us. Nice relaxed atmosphere but oh, you must do something about the awful sewerage smell from the corridor to the toilets. Will visit again if only because staff were so pleasant! Thanks for being so patient with us.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Local produce excellently presented. This was a return visit after it was recommended to us. You need to book in advance , to make sure you get your preferred time.

Visited June 2013
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Shame, it could be good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I did start typing this at the Restaraunt, just after the first course was taken away and when the young lady ( Posibly new ) just picked up the plates. Even though my wife had left the side !!!

We then ordered the desert at the same time. We had to ask if we could have more than 3 crackers to go with the missing pickle.

After we got up to ask for the bill ( I was going to take a pic of the 3 members of staff hovering around the bar ) but that might have gone to far ?

But like trip advisor, I believe it is about is saying well done, or like this, it is where you need to improve.

No a cheap place but good food

York
“Small Portions”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a shame, that as part of a birthday celebration my meal was so disappointing....In actual fact, the vegetarian Moroccan Tagine was very tasty but the portion size was tiny! I am 5'3" and 8.5 stone, I don't eat much but this was ridiculous! I could have eaten twice the amount. I feel like I have been swindled out of £11.50. If I hadn't been part of a larger celebration there would have been a complaint I'm afraid.
And then... sin of all sins; they cleared away some plates while others in our group were still eating. Call me old fashioned but this I find downright rude!
We won't be returning to Melton's Too.

York, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went with hubbie to this restaurant this week to celebrate his birthday (they have a birthday club you sign up to when they send you a birthday postcard entitling you to a free three course meal - great idea!). Their £13 set menu is excellent value for a three course meal and is highly recommended. Food is delicious and very nicely presented. Wine is a little pricey, but it is good quality and served in 50cl carafes - ideal to share between two people. Would have given them the full five stars apart from the slight mix up in the bill which was sorted out no problem at the till.
Excellent value for money and good attentive service.

• Visited May 2013