“Shame, it could be good”
Review of Meltons Too - CLOSED

Meltons Too
Cuisines: European
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: On Walmgate, within moments of the city���s favourite tourist attractions, shops and sights, is Meltons Too. The sister restaurant of the critically acclaimed Meltons, Too is a larger, more laid back brasserie style affair. Set in an historic 17th Century building, the restaurant is full of character outside and in, where exposed brick walls and wooden floors are set with coloured chairs and wooden bistro tables. With a fresh, European flavour the menu uses regional and seasonal produce; offering brunches and lunches as well as dinner and a yummy selection of tapas for sharing. Meltons Too has been named the "best eating place of the year 2009" in the York tourism awards.
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Shame, it could be good”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I did start typing this at the Restaraunt, just after the first course was taken away and when the young lady ( Posibly new ) just picked up the plates. Even though my wife had left the side !!!

We then ordered the desert at the same time. We had to ask if we could have more than 3 crackers to go with the missing pickle.

After we got up to ask for the bill ( I was going to take a pic of the 3 members of staff hovering around the bar ) but that might have gone to far ?

But like trip advisor, I believe it is about is saying well done, or like this, it is where you need to improve.

No a cheap place but good food

• Visited June 2013

York
“Small Portions”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a shame, that as part of a birthday celebration my meal was so disappointing....In actual fact, the vegetarian Moroccan Tagine was very tasty but the portion size was tiny! I am 5'3" and 8.5 stone, I don't eat much but this was ridiculous! I could have eaten twice the amount. I feel like I have been swindled out of £11.50. If I hadn't been part of a larger celebration there would have been a complaint I'm afraid.
And then... sin of all sins; they cleared away some plates while others in our group were still eating. Call me old fashioned but this I find downright rude!
We won't be returning to Melton's Too.

• Visited June 2013
York, United Kingdom
“Good value for money”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Went with hubbie to this restaurant this week to celebrate his birthday (they have a birthday club you sign up to when they send you a birthday postcard entitling you to a free three course meal - great idea!). Their £13 set menu is excellent value for a three course meal and is highly recommended. Food is delicious and very nicely presented. Wine is a little pricey, but it is good quality and served in 50cl carafes - ideal to share between two people. Would have given them the full five stars apart from the slight mix up in the bill which was sorted out no problem at the till.
Excellent value for money and good attentive service.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Good!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Booked a table on Wednesday night. The food was delicious. My beef was excellent!!!!! The service was great even on busy night. We will be back! If you have a chance try brownie with brandied cherries. Very Yummy.

York, United Kingdom
“Slow and surly service”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

After ordering we waited 50 minutes for our food. The waitress was very surly. The starters and main swere OK, but nothing special. The asparagus soup had an odd taste - and not of asparagus! The background music was too loud. We didn't stay for dessert or coffee.