Hotel 53
  • Room Service
$111
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
$56
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
$77
$110
$95
Travelocity
1,941 results
All reviewscar parkcity centrewalk in showerper nightsofa bedgreat showerbuffet stylestayed for one nightcastle museumfew minutes walkwould stay againvisiting yorktea and coffeebiscuitsfull englishwetherspoonspiccadilly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 2, 2013

when we arrived at the hotel we asked where we could park the car, we were told a carpark a cross the road in bay 15, gut when we went to park there was already a car parked there. we ended uo parking on the park and display car park one pound cheaper for 24 hrs. than the hotelsl.. the hotel was noisy and we did not manage to sleep until 2.30pm in the morning. this hotel we will give a miss if we come to york again.

Room Tip: do not know this question.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wouldn't want to be staying more than a couple nights as the room was fairly basic.There were no glasses to put a night drink of water in but I would've been worried about spilling it anyway as there was no bedside shelf, just a cut out in the bedhead. The towels were really soft and huge though.
We were lucky to get a room facing trees at the side so well aways from traffic noise and I had a great nights sleep for a hotel (I usually struggle) There was no air comditioning though so we were grateful of the location and also the cool weather otherwise this might have been an issue for a 'mid aged lady!'.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to book here again.

Room Tip: Try and get something at the side facing the trees away from the road.
1  Thank msox106
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were only staying in York for one night so I was not too fussed about finding a hotel. It was only when the standard, bread and butter hotels such as the Travelodge etc. had zero availability that I was forced to look at the pricier hotels.

Hotel 53 looked nice and in fairness to it, it is okay. It's relatively clean, well placed in the town and although the staff seemed to be reaming off words from an auto-queue, they were helpful and kind. The room was also too warm, without air con and the road outside was very noisy when we opened the window but the hotel falls on value for money. I paid GBP £133 for a double room which is probably twice the price of what it was worth.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights extending a business appointment into a weekend away. We arrived about 8.30 on a weds evening but still managed to get a car park space in the hotels car park which is limited and charged at £10 a night. We stayed in room 418 so any comments relate directly to that room and may not be representative if other rooms. Our initial thoughts were the layout of the room was a bit odd but necessary due to the shape and window location. The room was clean and the bed and bedding were so comfy its a wonder I ever got to work on the Thursday! The bathroom had a great shower and large mirror that demists itself. You can get an iron and board from reception and everything else you need is in the room. I only have one complaint about the room and that's the distinct lack of plug sockets. With a hair dryer, straighteners, mobile phones to charge, laptop and iPads to charge we did struggle a bit. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the restaurant buying can comment on the staff and they were very friendly and helpful throughout our stay. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stopped at this hotel on Saturday 22nd June. I had planned a night in York for my wifes birthday. I had started looking for hotels back in March/April and saw a few which I liked. It was only when I looked to actually book a hotel around the beginning of May that I realised that hotels like to use the " minimum of two nights stay " rule due to high season. Hotel 53 didn't apply this rule. A friend booked it for me so my wife didn't know where she was going. The cost for one night was around £145 but our friend got some more money off with one of these discount sites that are used, bringing the cost down to £121. We arrived at 12pm and were able to leave our luggage in a secure room. The reception and bar area looked clean and tidy and the staff were friendly. We were also told we could sign the check in form at this time to save time later which was good. A £30 deposit was requested to cover any costs. I was told this would be taken from my account and if nothing was used on it, it would be debited back to my account up to 10 days later. It was only on checking out that I was told that the money doesn't get taken from your account unless you use any of it. We returned at 3pm to get ready for our night out. The room was clean, spacious but extremely hot and due to Health & Safety laws, the window in the room only tilts open. The bathroom was a wet room which was fine but the supposed power shower lacked power. The heated mirror is a good touch. The bed was comfy, albeit a little small for a double and the sheets were crisp and clean. The walls are also quite thin. We had breakfast in the hotel which is around £10 each. The food and coffee was very good and I thought it was decent value for money. On its own website, this is said to be a " cheap boutique hotel ". Personally, I thought it was overpriced but maybe that was due to it been high season. I wouldn't let this put you off staying here, but if you were staying in York in high season and you didn't have to book in advance like I did, I think last minute deals could be found at higher rated hotels for the same, if not slightly cheaper price.