Holiday Inn York City Centre
Hilton York(York)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
1,942 results
All reviewscar parkcity centrewalk in showerper nightsofa bedgreat showerbuffet stylestayed for one nightcastle museumfew minutes walkwould stay againvisiting yorktea and coffeebiscuitsfull englishwetherspoonspiccadilly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 23, 2013

we recently spent 2 days at hotel 53. parking was across the road in a secure car park for 10 pounds per night.good location with a wetherspoons across the road,staff were very friendly, the only downside was the road noise but having stayed in hotels all over the world if that's the only complaint then its not that bad really is it? would stay there again.

Room Tip: get a high floor and a family room is good value (you don't need a family with you to have this sort of room)
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and paid £160 fr 2 nights. Our room was clean and large but we were surprised that there was no air conditioning in the room. The window only opened slightly for health and safety reasons and it was very muggy and hot. We didn't sleep very well either as there was a lot of noise coming from outside during all hours, this included drunken passers by, recycling lorries clearing the bottles etc and we found it very noisy. To say the hotel is fairly new out bed was quite uncomfortable and squeaked at the slightest movement. The hotel was centrally located and was a 5 to 10 min walk to the Shambles. It was fine for what we wanted however i just felt it was a little overpriced. Staff were friend and parking across the road was £10 per day.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nice modern hotel. Simply furnished but pleasant room with nice clean bedding and spacious shower cubicle. Our room, 305 was a little dark but still very nice.
Tea and coffee making facility was appreciated. Situated on Piccadilly so a stroll to the shops, bars and sights.
I love York so this hotel is one I'd use again

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Lovely clean, comfortable and uncluttered hotel. Stayed for one night and would definitely stay again. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast. On the day we were checking out my wife and I wanted to have a day sightseeing in York. I asked if I could leave my car on the hotel car park, which was just across the road from the hotel, and I was able to do so without any problem. The car park charge was £10 but was well worth it. The hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel was situated very close to the city centre. It was a very convenient hotel, close to all amenities. Food is available at the hotel but not on Sunday evenings unless apparently, you are travelling with a large group of guests. There is a Wetherspoons just across the road and plenty of eating places in the city centre.

Room Tip: I am unsure if any of the rooms have a view but for short stays I don't think it really matters!
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I'll start with the few positives. The staff were great, friendly polite and very helpful.
We booked in and was told that I've have to provide a card for room with 30 quid that would be returned if I didn't spend anything. Just felt it was unnecessary.
We had to pay 10 quid parking until 11 next day but behind the building is a public carpark were it was cheaper for longer.
The room was well decorated but very small with paper thin walls and without A/C so was very warm.
Just outside our window was a social club with a karaoke night on till stupid o'clock.
Overall it was just to expensive for what it actually was. Wouldn't recommend

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Simon C
Dominic J, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn York City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments.

It is Hotel 53 policy to take a pre-authorisation of £30 from a Credit/Debit card to guarantee that funds are available to cover any incidentals or charges that may be incurred during your stay, however, should you not wish to provide this, we can, as an alternative, take a £30 Cash Deposit, which is returned to you on check-out.

I would also suggest that, should you compare our pricing with that of similar hotels located centrally, that you would actually find our pricing quite favourable.