“great food”

The Old Siam
Ranked #82 of 887 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
“great food”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

great food excellent service and brilliant take away. this is now our local so will be visiting alot :)

• Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excelent food and service”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I would recommend this establishment for its excellent food and service. We had the buffet selection and every course was well presented and tasted great.

Visited December 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We saw the reviews on tripadvisor and as the restaurant was near our hotel we thought we would pop in and see if there were any tables available. Lucky for us a couple had just left and we got a table straight away! It was packed so I would advise anybody else to book. The food was the best thai I have ever tasted in a restaurant, and the staff were lovely.I told one member of staff that the "thai custard" for dessert was amazing and she told me she made it herself and gave me the recipe! I haven't made it yet but I definitely will do.

Musselburgh, East Lothian
“OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICE!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

While in York for a couple of days we asked the receptionist at the Hampton by Hilton if she could recommend a Thai restaurant and she pointed us in the direction of The Old Siam just round the corner. Having arrived without a reservation we found they had a party of over 30 Thai customers. We were luck to get a table and the staff could not have done anymore to make our visit memorable. The food is delicious. The service outstanding. We also had a Thai Rosy wine that was very nice. Best Thai meal ever and will definitely be back for more!!

1 Thank denise_carlyle2
scotland
“BEAUTIFUL THAI FOOD AND FREINDLY STAFF”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Popped in to The Old Siam having passed a few times walking in to the town centre and so glad we did the food was DELICIOUS. I had the prawn spring rolls to start ( which still had the tails on) , my wife had the chicken satay. They were both delicious. I then had the red chicken curry which was quite hot but lovely. My wife had prawn stir fry for her main and we shared a portion of sticky rice SUPERB. The staff were lovely and friendly and attentive , we'll definitely be back when we return to York !!!